This is a red herring. Actually the Roboto specs are only there because they’re referred to in some element we use, but we ourselves don’t use them. So they should be blocked (in fact I specified that they must be blocked, as there are some reports that Google fonts get blocked on the way into China).
In the future we’ll get sneakier in eliminating such unnecessary code.
The fonts on the site itself are Skolar for Roman and Devenagiri, and Noto for other scripts.
Better to navigate vagga by vagga, or samyutta by samyutta. As Ayya Vimala points out below, we’ve disabled the ability to load the whole samyutta (and other collections of similar length) because it’s just silly!
These are valid points. We have tried to optimize the view for new or casual readers, so we put the translated title, description, and links for translations prominently, and make the information less dense and intimidating.
But this means some of the technical info, particularly IDs, is less prominent, and things take up more space. If you peruse some of the old threads on D&D where we discussed and evolved the ideas for the new design, you’ll see that various approaches to this were tried.
For a long time, in fact, I had in mind to implement a “compact view” or “expert view” to complement what we might call the default “reader’s view”. As time went on, though, this idea dropped away. It would need to be carefully thought through, but perhaps we should re-introduce it. We won’t do anything on this right away, but I have noted it on a list of possible UI improvements.