Role of Dhammarāga in weakening the fetter of Rāga

In day to day practice I have noticed how Dhammarāga can be used to work with Rāga. After reading the Buddha teach on the favorable impact of eating one meal, I for example see that the energy to comply with his teaching, as well as a better outlook in non-sleepiness in the day, helps limits Rāga that comes in relation to sense pleasures/food.

How big is the role of Dhammarāga on the long run in weakening the fetter of Rāga, how does the Buddha speak about this?

1 Like

I can only think of SN51.15, but that is a discourse by Ananda and not the Buddha.

"…take a mendicant who is perfected—with defilements ended, who has completed the spiritual journey, done what had to be done, laid down the burden, achieved their own true goal, utterly ended the fetters of rebirth, and is rightly freed through enlightenment. They formerly had the desire to attain perfection, but when they attained perfection the corresponding desire faded away.

They formerly had the energy to attain perfection, but when they attained perfection the corresponding energy faded away. They formerly had the idea to attain perfection, but when they attained perfection the corresponding idea faded away. They formerly inquired regarding attaining perfection, but when they attained perfection the corresponding inquiry faded away.

https://suttacentral.net/sn51.15/en/sujato

2 Likes