Saccato Thetato: Split from Problem of Temporal Action

Then i was correct in asserting that you won’t want to take it for granted that anything whatsoever exists.

In trying to figure out what truth & reality is one has to assert that there is such a thing before figuring out what it is and what it is not.

I’ll sleep on this for a while and maybe i’ll be able to explain it better.

For now i can only say that your talking about a river and things drowning in it depends on there being sensory impression.

Seeing a river
Hearing a river
Tasting a river
Smelling a river
Sensing a river
Cognizing a river

While ‘a river’ might not be pinned down as truth & reality and assertions as to it’s existence would be unsubstantiated, one can say that the word ‘river’ is used when talking about the presense of ‘something’ which can be classed as the six classes of sensory impression, as the constructed, or as dukkha.

Words are words, words are not things, although confusion about this is widespread, i won’t be able to pin a word as not a word nor would i try to.

I take it for granted that something is evident, arisen and changing as it persists, and i use the words truth & reality to describe it.

I’ll sleep on it, maybe i’ll be able to explain things better.

It’s something else. If you look up words in a dictionary you will get definitions not explanations.

For example happiness will be defined as a pleasant feeling and pleasant feeling as happiness.

If you look up terms like ‘word’ you will get synonyms like term & expression and for definition of 'word’you will see something like ‘meaningful expression’.

Then you look up the word ‘meaning’ and you will see definitions like ‘what is meant’.

It is circular reasoning where a defines b and b defines a; or a defined by b, b defined by c, c defined by a.