Search function - diacritical marks

Can the search function be made to work so that a word typed without diacritical marks can still be used. The obvious reason for this request is that with the exception of those of a more linguistic bent, most people will not know how to use, or type these marks.

2 Likes

I just located the Kāyagatāsatisutta successfully, without using the diacritics. Feeling pleased because. I had thought previously like you that it wouldn’t work.

Sorry about that! The search should work without diacriticals, but as you have seen, it’s not always 100%. This is on a 2-do list of things to address in the search. If there are any specific cases that you encounter, please note them down here. Thanks!

1 Like

Sorry. I should have been clearer. What I meant was that after you have opened a sutta, and you wish to find a word, say Ananda, using the Control+F function, it won’t work unless you include the diacritical marks.

1 Like

Ahh, well, that’s a browser thing. Chrome ignores the diacritical marks, Firefox does not. So if it’s an issue, use Chrome.

2 Likes