Statue of Buddha

I echo the thoughts of @Ficus - anything that helps to bring our heart to peace is appropriate. I tend to have a procession of Buddha statues coming and going. People like to give them to me and I like to give them away, so they change quite frequently. I like those little laughing Buddha (budai) statues - My mum had a wooden one when I was little and I still remember her rubbing his belly for good luck. He came to me when my mum died and a friend of mine has been looking after him for years now. I still rub his belly when I go to visit my friend. That little laughing Buddha always makes me smile.

1 Like

Let me tell you that you cannot find or see Buddha in any types of statues. You can only see Buddha when you see Dhamma. “Yo dhamman passathi so mang passathi” they who see dhamma see Buddha. Why/
At Bodh Gaya, ascetic Siddhartha attained Saupadisesa Parinirvana where he eliminated all desires, anger/ill will and delusion. But yet having attained enlightenment through saupadisesa parinirvana, Buddha retained the 5 faculties of the body of Bodhisathva Siddhartha, eyes. ears, nose, tongue and body.
Then at Kusinara he attained Anupadisesa parinirvana where the 5 faculties also cooled.
That is why no one can see Buddha from the somatic body.

1 Like