Sujato's thought of the day: on discussions

I came across this recently. Its a generic symbol that has been used throughout history by people who wish to represent how stength is created. The Romans used it, the US uses it today and the Nazis used it. The values of a particular system is not part of the symbol. Its without moral significance so dont be put off when you dont agree with particular politcal movements that have adopted it. It just represents how strength is created as a principle.

The idea is that we are weak alone but if we stand by one another and apply the same actions we are strong enough to support the cause we all strive for.

In todays New World Order with the dollar as liquidity the symbol has been adopted to further the freelance banks for the flow of cash from those who work into the hands of those who understand the system and are placed to recieve.

Im saying this because it seems to me that there people intentionally using different concepts that the taught ones to dominate others. These people who push ideologys like capitlism and communiam are aware of these principles and laws and are using them to further their own aims. If we are to make what we want we need to understand these principles so we dont get out witted and understand why our effort often lead to jack.

Environmetal movments seem to be individuals all trying to cut through their own problems or influence other to do whats right. If we all picked one problem and then came together and cut through it with coordinated effort until it was done the power would carry.

2 Likes

I consult with a dietitian monthly regarding adequate protein and nutritional intake.
My NP will inform me if I am lacking in a vitamin.

2 Likes

Sadly, a long way to go to achieve globally the vegetarian, let alone vegan, ideal.

Of all the mammals on Earth, 96% are livestock and humans, only 4% are wild mammals

4 Likes

And there’s more boat in the ocean than fish! Crazy

1 Like

Yes, I think that’s true, if you mean by weight.
I did some calculations using the info on biomass from the above article and also info on fishing vessels from Smithsonian Institute.

Ocean biomass = 100 * Humanity biomass
Estimate of ocean biomass = 100 * 7.6 * 10^9 * Average human weight = 100 * 7.6 * 10^9 * 50 kg = 38 * 10^9 tons
But that includes all marine species

Total number of fishing vessels = 3.7 million
But that does not include recreational motor and sailing boats)

Estimate of total weight of fishing vessels = 3.7 * 10^6 * Average weight of a fishing vessel
Not sure what a good estimate of an average weight of a modern fishing vessel or of recreational boat is. So that is as far as I got.

Still, such over use and exploitation of natural resources is very sad and shameful. (I will abstain again from eating fish, except on special occasions.)

While earth, water and air don’t feel disgust (MN62), they have their limits and so do the animals in them.

1 Like

What!!!

Omg, that’s incredible.

I will just leave this here as a palate-cleanser, and a reminder of the incredible riches of sealife.

4 Likes