Superiority complex and EBTs!

Superiority complex ,
in short , the meaning of it is :
If you have a superiority complex, you believe that you are better, cleverer, or more important than other people.

Maybe thinking ourself came
from a superior clans / status ,
having Higher intelligent
DNA or genes , living in a more advanced nation , being an
Elder , and of course ,
strong self confidence also ,
other worldly successes etc etc .
It is considered as
One of the 10 fetters .
Although , some scholar
says Buddha only spoke
of 5 fetters , 10 fetters was
considered an later addition .
These all were groups
under the category of
" Self View " !
Pride(conceit) & Prejudice ,
arrogantly through the speech ,
action and thinking , regards
ourself far more Superior
than other people !
and even thinking oneself
capable of observing all
the precepts , rules and
etc the Buddha layouts ! Plus
having accomplished the jhāna .

It is important to note that the thought of I am higher, I am lower and I am equal are considered Mana.

1 Like

I agree. A superiority complex is part of a fetter. So is having an inferiority complex or equality complex. There simply is no entity there to compare, and the contents of the five khandas are ever shifting and changing. Even if one were to compare just a few skills, such as being good at math, those skills have no inherent value. Any value ascribed to them are social constructs, or part of “rites and rituals” if you will. Value is something humans do. It is not something that can be located within objects.

Male or female? Just five khandas. Gay or strait? Just five khandas. Scientist or sales representative? Just five khandas. Worldling, stream enterer or arahant? Just five khandas.

1 Like

I used to think I had a complex, but it turned out to be a simple.

1 Like

Fundamentalists are going to pop up everywhere. I don’t see a lot of that here, but then again, I don’t read every topic that comes up, especially if it seems already contentious. Skillful navigation of the internet is a skill we all cultivate gradually, I suspect.

1 Like