Support a New, Inclusive Monastery/Retreat Center in the US!

They did it!

We have reached the goal of the fundraiser! :raised_hands: So humbled by this incredible outpour of generosity! Big shout out to the hundreds of Bodhisattvas left and right who have made it possible by donating from every part of the world :heart: Rejoice in the merit of your actions :pray: May all beings attain awakening :dizzy:
– Ven. Soma

https://scontent-bru2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/67941106_2565620643477627_8238643852446007296_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_oc=AQktwb6nXMetFQv6VzM71AppH752SM2yKoqvSgJj1QWRlv8pcfykruUPF7Zh5gLm3l8&_nc_ht=scontent-bru2-1.xx&oh=18eda5a5f8960bb5a07e723c84a70161&oe=5DD9B469

@Cara & @Sumano Looking forward to seeing you guys in March!

18 Likes

Looking forward to it, new space and all @Vimala :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Dear @Cara, thank you for letting us know about the fundraiser and giving us this opportunity for merit. Thanks to you, I posted it on Facebook (my 1st post in many months), then went through my entire friends list of hundreds, selecting who to Invite to donate. (1st time I ever Invited people to anything on FB.) On learning that an old friend donated minutes later, I felt thrilled. :star_struck:

Happy to hear they succeeded!

Soon they shall need additional funds to deal with many other expenses that will inevitably arise, so I hope people keep them on their radar.
[Edited to link to Cara]

9 Likes

Thank you Cara for bringing our attention to this wonderful field of merit and dhamma resource for us in the US.

Metta,

5 Likes

Dear All!

Apologies for my late reply, I was on sesshin, and then recovering from sesshin (lol) but WOW I am so excited that they reached the fundraising goal and that BI will have a new home by next year.

I am so grateful for everyone who donated, shared, or expressed support in any way and look forward to seeing you at BI soon if you’re a local, planning to visit, or can just make the trek.

May all beings benefit from this wonderful venture and may we all swiftly attain enlightenment!
Anumodana :pray:

8 Likes

I hope reviving this lil’ old thread is okay by everyone, but I realized no one updated that Empty Cloud Monastery (https://emptycloud.org/) is now up and running! (Well, not quite at the moment because of COVID-19… but :sweat_smile:)

At the moment, the resident monastics are offering daily meditation, sutta study, talks, etc. on their YouTube live channel.

12 Likes

I have been following as much I can the daily sutta discussion, it’s been such a gift and very uplifting during this time! Lots of dhamma sukha! :slight_smile: So grateful

8 Likes