Sutta study?

Hello.

I am up for a weekly sutta study here.

And I will try to make it to the voice sessions too.

Thanks for the information.

2 Likes

Maybe @unveiledartist can post a sutta (maybe we can compile a list?) each week and we can join in and discuss it? :slight_smile:

With metta

2 Likes

Evening folks

I was thinking to keep it simple when I can attend the Sunday talks I can post the sutta link, a short (hopefully) synopses of the discussion, and an excerpts from the study sutta. Some sutras are long so excerpts will either be random or one we had a good discussion over. Nothing fancy since Iā€™m balancing this with other things. If all goes well, we can take turns.

2 Likes

Hoping to listen or read with folk. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We are up to MN57 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Read, will reread also.

Please advise me of best ways to participate and benefit, as if i was an intelligent eager but ignorant child. :slight_smile: If not too much a bother; if it is burdensome, please, do not let me impede anyoneā€™s progress!

1 Like

No problem.
Follow the link above.
Create an account with discord and install the software or phone/tablet app (or use the browser version).
Once youā€™ve joined the group click on the cog at the bottom and configure your voice settings. You will need to setup your push-to-talk key if youā€™re using the computer version.
About 5 minutes before the discussion starts join the Dhamma Discussion channel (select from the left hand column) and test your microphone and sound settings.

Weā€™ll read through the sutta with breaks along the way for discussion.

1 Like

I will try. Please know, if I am not in the conference 5 minutes before, I am unable to attend, do not wait for me.

1 Like

@unveiledartist if you are busy Iā€™m happy to start discussing suttas on DD. I believe MN58 was discussed recently.

Iā€™m hoping to post a sutta if I donā€™t hear from unveildartist, soon.

With metta

2 Likes

Sorry guys. Been so busy with school I missed the last two sundays. Probably a premature start. Stat tunedā€¦

1 Like

Itā€™s difficult for me to make it to the Sunday discussion as well. We can start our own- it doesnā€™t have to be aligned with the Sunday discussion.

With metta

1 Like