Sutta that said seeing beauty is needed

I’m looking for this sutta where it seems Buddha said that if the monk doesn’t see beauty he can’t be disgusted. So because he sees beauty he can be disgusted. For not remembering the exact words I say like this but it was differently said.

Do you mean the “gratification, danger, escape” triad? Try AN 3:103 (conveniently in the book of threes).

2 Likes

It was very short so I don’t think so. I don’t think we have it here in suttacentral itself.

“Monk, the property of light is discerned in dependence on darkness. The property of beauty is discerned in dependence on the unattractive. The property of the dimension of the infinitude of space is discerned in dependence on form. The property of the dimension of the infinitude of consciousness is discerned in dependence on the dimension of the infinitude of space. The property of the dimension of nothingness is discerned in dependence on the dimension of the infinitude of consciousness. The property of the dimension of neither perception nor non-perception is discerned in dependence on the dimension of nothingness. The property of the cessation of feeling & perception is discerned in dependence on cessation.”
Sattadhatu Sutta (SN 14.11)

Still it’s another one. But this itself helps . Will still keeping searching