SuttaCentral 2021: bug reports here! 🐛

Thank you Bhante :pray:t3: :blush:!

Hello, the link to the Jataka takes the user to the Anguttara Nikaya instead: SuttaCentral

Even though the header identifies the Jataka, the text is the contents to AN.

Thank you for reading this. I hope it was useful. I apologize if this has already been addressed.

It seems this has been posted in two different places. I have answered it here:

2 Likes

If I go directly to a single reference in sn43.14-43, say sn43.14, I get a bunch of “null’s”

1 Like

This bug has been fixed, I believe, and will roll out soon.

2 Likes

Recently I found the Discuss & Discover icons on Android… a little weird… :joy:

The one on the left:

Screenshot_20220921_221129

When is loading :

1 Like

Not sure if I should to report this on suttacentral or on the calling app (@benmneb).

I use the PTS Reference to Sutta Number tool (thank you very much).

It appends ?ref=benmneb.github.io/pts-converter/ to the end of the ‘Read this sutta’ links, so I might look up S III 109 and it will form the following url (for English): https://suttacentral.net/sn22.84/en/sujato?layout=sidebyside&reference=main/pts&notes=asterisk&highlight=false&script=latin#pts-vp-pli3.109?ref=benmneb.github.io/pts-converter/

But that takes me to the start of SN 22.84

If I remove the ?ref=benmneb.github.io/pts-converter/ from the end of the url, then it scrolls to pts-vp-pli3.109 which is the behaviour that I was actually hoping for.

1 Like

Very nice. Thanks for letting me know. This is my fault, I put that on the end so Sujato knows where all the traffic I send there comes from :grin: without thinking there might already be query strings. I’ll fix it this week so it works for everyone.

If you find any other problems with the converter, post and issue on GitHub or @ me here. Thanks again

2 Likes

https://suttacentral.net/an5.144/en/sujato

Looks like the html is wonky

"an5.144:2.2": "<ol><li>{}</li>",
  "an5.144:2.3": "<li>{}</li>",
  "an5.144:2.4": "<li>{}</li>",
  "an5.144:2.5": "<li>{}</li></ol>",

You’ve missed the first item.

on second thought, i dont think this is me.

if you go directly to https://suttacentral.net/sn22.84/en/sujato?layout=sidebyside&reference=main/pts&notes=asterisk&highlight=false&script=latin#pts-vp-pli3.109 (your link without my awkward additional query param, or its short form https://suttacentral.net/sn22.84/en/sujato#pts-vp-pli3.109) it doenst even scroll to the correct place. but pressing enter in the URL bar after the page has already loaded does (which is why it seems like my params might be the problem).

im guessing because when the page loads, element with id pts-vp-pli3.109 doesnt exist yet. you can see the sutta content stagger in a bit after the header and footer load.

2 Likes

Yes, Web Apps generally need to implement scrolling themselves using Element.scrollIntoView() :slight_smile:

2 Likes

upon further inspection, that link does scroll to the correct place automatically on initial page load on safari iOS and firefox windows, but not on firefox/chrome/safari macOS or chrome windows.

i dont believe this is strictly true. if the element exists when the page loads the hashtag in the URL should do it. scrollIntoView should only be needed for programatic scrolling.

3 Likes

It’s now 2023… is this still the right thread? Anyway: when I print a sutta, the website footer shows up again. This was originally fixed last May but has since regressed

2 Likes

This is caused by the effect of changing the page to lightDOM rendering before, I will fix it as soon as possible and push it to Production.

2 Likes

Thank you, @HongDa :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

Bhante @Khemarato.bhikkhu , this bug has been fixed and pushed to Production.

2 Likes

@HongDa, it seems there are some problems with the footer now. Either it looks like this now on the website, or it is lacking entirely:

Can anyone reproduce this, or is it just me?

1 Like

Thanks @sabbamitta , I have fixed :pray:

1 Like

Time moves on, I’ll close this thread, please open another thread for issues with the main SC site if you wish. :pray:

As always, thanks to everyone who pointed out problems!