SuttaCentral: bug reports

Yes,

There is in fact no more download page. The problem is that it redirects to a blank page.

If you need downloads, they can all be found on the editions page. The previously available IB Horner Vinaya translation is available on Archive.org.

2 Likes

Bhante Sujato’s English translation link is missing en/sujato:

https://suttacentral.net/mn9?view=normal&lang=en

The other translator links are correct.

I’m on Mac Sonoma 14.3

Where do you see this link? It is a link to a suttaplex card, and these don’t have language and translator specification. The suttaplex card gives an overview of what is available for a specific text.

The suttaplex card link is the same as Bhante’s. I.e., Bhante didn’t get a Bhante-specific link for his translation.

1 Like

I can confirm, @BethL, That the link to Bhante Sujato’s translation is indeed there on the SuttaPlex card, but when you click on it you are redirected back to the suttaplex card.

Even typing in the complete proper link to Bhante’s translation doesn’t work. Just takes you to the suttaplex card.

The bilara file is there. @HongDa ?

1 Like

Ah! It wasn’t clear to me that you are talking of the links on the suttaplex card itself. Oh!

And even more strange: When language is set to DE on SuttaCentral, the sujato link is working just fine! But on my machine too, it isn’t working when lang=en. The URL line shows mn9/en/sujato for a very short moment, then removes en/sujato and goes back to the suttaplex card. A circle link, so to speak.

And the file is in fact in the repository as expected.

This is indeed a case for @HongDa. Thanks for discovering it, @BethL. Have you seen that anywhere else?

1 Like

Venerable I haven’t but, that said, I haven’t been looking for it. If I were troubleshooting I’d be curious how these links were originally generated and whether any regression testing is conducted after new releases. Or whether we’re relying solely on user errors reported. Easier said than done.

1 Like