SuttaCentral Voice v1.0.0 Released šŸ˜

SuttaCentral Voice Release v1.0.1 at UTC 16:22 COMPLETED

2 Likes

Hey folks, going through this conversation right now, Iā€™ve just been informed that I reached the maximum number of ā€œlikesā€; now I have to wait one hour before trying again! :heart_eyes: :heart:

@Aminah, actually, do admins have more ā€œlikesā€ to spend? I see you giving them all the timeā€¦

4 Likes

But what a way to spend 'em!

In fact, I was just wondering the same thing. It is very gratifying to know that apparently my life has lead me to be so wealthy in this way.

In any case, while Iā€™ve adored seeing each of your ā€˜likesā€™ there just isnā€™t an icon to match the happiness resulting from some of the things in this thread.

4 Likes

Sadhu! Sadhu! Thank you Karl! :anjal:

And on Ang. Sabbamittaā€™s behalf, let me spend some of my :heart:.

4 Likes

Iā€™m simply so exited about SCV that I canā€™t restrain myself! :heart: :heart: :heart:

5 Likes

Well, I imagine that if ever there was going to be a point over which the Buddha would not encourage restraint it is in spreading :heart:.

Indeed, just continuing tests, I got the following suggestion:

http://50.18.90.151/scv/index.html#/?search=limitless%20immersion%20of%20heart&lang=en

It says ā€˜limitlessā€™ and ā€˜overflowingā€™

:grin:

4 Likes

Just trying out your suggestion, I find it a bit strange that I canā€™t see what suttas Iā€™ve come across with this search:

Bildschirmfoto%20vom%202019-01-19%2017-42-31

:heart: :heart: :heart:

4 Likes

Congratulations to Sabbamitta for finding the first bug of v1.1.1.

:smiley:

4 Likes

Sorry, I donā€™t quite followā€¦?

1 Like

The acronyms are missing.

1 Like

Riiiight! Yep! Iā€™ll add it to the list! Did you enjoy that Karl; there was a whole five minutes when there was only two things on the RP. :laughing:

1 Like

I was a bit breathless.

2 Likes

Also, testing the cookies thingy after the new release:

• clicking ā€œexamplesā€, the settings are still there
  • clocking ā€œhomeā€, they are still there
  • rebooting my computer, they are goneā€¦

(FF on Ubuntu)

Maybe it has to do with the way I open the app? Which way should I open the app? This time I did it clicking on the respective icon on the starting page that FF shows me when opening a new tab.

2 Likes

Hmm, I havenā€™t done a reboot test yet. Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s not worth asking, but have you also tried a hard refresh?

That meansā€¦ what exactly?

1 Like

In short, pressing shift+ctrl+r (it clears your cache, but I imagine this almost certain wonā€™t be relevant).

I will try this. Thank you.

Hard refresh: settings are still there.

1 Like

Hmmm, my settings survived a reboot on both Chrome and FF. Interestingly Iā€™m on Mint, which is a built on Ubuntu.

The only other thought I had was checking how youā€™re navigating to SCV when you reboot on the off-change that you might be using a URL with some settings declared in itā€¦?

On a separate note, I get Pali word of the days delivered to my inbox. Todayā€™s seems very fitting:

kataƱƱu-katavedita ā€” acknowledging the debt owed to others and paying it back with gratitude

1 Like

Thatā€™s exactly the question I asked earlier on. How do you navigate to SCV?

1 Like