Thanissaro Bhikkhu

Are there other Ajahns that have as consistent a series of dhamma talks as Thanissaro? He gives a 15 +/- talk every evening that I find not only very informative, but also helpful as an aid in guided meditation. I’ve listened to many of Bhikkhu Bodhi and Ajahn Sumedho’s talks as well, but they do not provide the same consistency and variety of topics as Thanissaro. I was curious, not as a comparison, but as a means of broadening out in my practice.

2 Likes

In my experience he is most helpful in challenging you to take responsibility for your practice and your life. Many here seem to have differences with him doctrinally and personally from what I’ve observed.

1 Like

Do you mean, consistent as in daily, or just on a schedule?

Our own Bhante Sujato is very consistent with the Friday night talk, the recordings of which are at the Lokanta Vihara website https://lokanta.live/.

5 Likes

Hello @suvira, thank you for this information. Do you know if someone managed to create a RSS feed from this page. I have been trying to achieve that without success.

2 Likes

I help to host that, can work on RSS feed for sure.

5 Likes

Brilliant :pray:, thank you.

Ajahn Brahm

Archived Dhamma Talks

Current Talks

4 Likes

Thank you. That is quite an extensive resource. I’ve heard a few of his talks. I’ll give a more thorough listen know.

1 Like

I’ve noticed. I’ve heard him referred to as “Ajahn Ampersands”, which I really wished he had not used that device as a shortcut. It’s popular in today’s poetry circles, but a bit vulgar IMO. This is why I ask if there is a comprehensive alternative, because he delivers a huge amount of consistent talks. I mean consistent as to recording quality as well as content.

1 Like

Thanks! I couldn’t ask for better. I wasn’t aware of where Bhante Sujato was based other than on here.

I meant consistent as to content and delivery, as well as recording quality. He has a very casual speaking style, which makes it easy to listen to while meditating, and the sound of the talks is rarely distracting.

I have been a regular contributor here and am a follower of Thanissaro, so it is possible to maintain that position. There are different levels of practice and it is necessary and sensible to follow the teacher and doctrine where accord and understanding is found.

1 Like

Thanks. I find his sensibility unique. And he has a large volume of work. I especially like that his dhamma talks are short, so they fit in well with my meditation sessions.