SuttaCentral

The 717 Chanting Book

Out of gratitude for the 717 sessions by Vens Sujato and Akaliko, I have made the 717 chanting book (inspired by that of Tilorien Monastery: Tilorien Chanting Book)! Look no further if you’d like to chant along. :anjal:

717_Chanting_Book.pdf (869.0 KB)

16 Likes

Nice, thanks so much!

4 Likes

Thank you for the amazing sessions. They are . . . healing. :anjal:

Update: I have compressed the book from 15 MB to 868.3 KB. Original file, sources, and LaTeX can all be found here: GitHub - cuboids/717: 717 Chanting Book.

6 Likes

Robbie, this is so beautifully done - many thanks :star_struck:

Sadhu Sadhu Sadhu

5 Likes

Thanks @Robbie, looks great! I’ll add the pdf to the Lokanta website if that’s okay?

4 Likes

There’s a niggahīta missing from the third verse of the Maṅgalasutta:

etaṃ maṅgalam-uttama > etaṃ maṅgalam-uttamaṃ

4 Likes

Thanks Venerable, should be fixed now.

Wow! I hope many will find it useful. :gift_heart: :slightly_smiling_face: If I find time for it, I will also see if I can make an EPUB version.

On a technical note, the best download link would be https://github.com/cuboids/717/raw/master/717_Chanting_Book.pdf. There may still be some slight mistakes in the current version, but I will make sure that the file called “717_Chanting_Book” in my 717 repo will always be up-to-date (I’m Cuboids on GitHub). :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

The duck species portrayed on the Metta Sutta page is:

1 Like

Okay thanks @Robbie, I’ll change the link on the website later today to the one you’ve provided there. People are already finding it useful - and beautiful!

5 Likes