The Appropriate Limits of Comparative Religion

Apologies @Coemgenu as the author of the OP, for not addresing the OP but responding instead to a comment.

@crizna As long as posts are related to a discussion of EBT’s AND practice right speech, there is no issue.

Moderators have the unappealing task of enforcing compliance with the guidelines on occasions when someone continually ignores the guidelines, and ignores moderator requests, to frame arguments according to ‘right speech’ and right ways to ctiticise.

I have taken a week away from the site, and cannot begin to express my disappointment to read this as the first thing I saw when I came back on.
This is a completely unfair and totally inaccurate comment to make. Indeed I am amazed at the degree to which moderators put up with such things out of a love for the Dhamma and service to the mission of this site.

If you have nothing beneficial or helpful to say - then don’t say it. As stated before, countless times, there are many many forums available for people to choose if they do not agree with the guidelines. However, if one does choose to participate, then be prepared to comply with our Standards.

I link them once more below, and suggest that anyone not familiar with the whole document, take the time to read them mindfully and to apply them. All moderator decisions are reached on the basis of these guidelines.

8 Likes