The Benefits of Early Time Restricted Eating (nutrition science)

Came across this video on studies done on “early time restricted eating” which is basically getting all your calories for the day between breakfast and lunch.

These studies seem pretty close to what the Buddha recommended. Cool to see it’s likely beneficial for health, just like the Buddha suggested :wink:

12 Likes

Thank you very much for this link. I’ve been getting skepticism about my ETRE enthusiasm and it’s quite helpful to be able to say that medical research supports ETRE.

The only potential downside might be having to stay here…one decade longer. :wink:

7 Likes

:raised_hands::prince:Long live the Karl! Long live the Karl!:prince::raised_hands:

:grin:

7 Likes

I’ve been practicing Intermittent fasting recently (only eat withing an 8 hour window, fast the rest, I do like 12 to 8) and its been a bit challenging but also surprisingly easy once you start.

I started it not only because I wanted to lose some weight but also because its a simple way to practice restraint in eating (bhojane mattaññuta). This is definitely a practice I needed to work on more because I was constantly eating throughout the day, indiscriminately. Now that I’m only eating within a specific window, Im snacking less and not eating mindlessly. I recommend it!

BBC had a popular documentary about IF awhile back:

5 Likes

Just fyi: This video has been blocked for copyright reasons; it says “in your country”, which is Germany, but the same may be the case elsewhere.

2 Likes

Same in Australia

2 Likes

Hm ok, well there is this other link of the documentary on Dailymotion.

And there’s this BBC article on it:

5 Likes