The dhamma died murdered by the mahakassapa's band

Yes, I still suffer.

But has black or white dhamma already freed us from how much suffering?

And every moment of suffering the dhamma becomes very clear the 4 noble truths are so obvious.

The dhamma did not spread just because of politics. But simply because the dhamma works.

To see …
1- you suffer
2- the Dhamma is obvious
3- the Dhamma reminds you every moment …
4- the Dhamma woks…

I have few options.

1-Or it is not obvious to you, or
2-you are forgetful or
3-it is that you like to suffer ir
4-the black dhamma don’t works
… Put yourself the adjectives

is obvious
I’m not forgotten
I do not like to suffer
The dhamma works

Verse 239. Purify Yourself Gradually

Little by little, time after time,
successively then let the sage
blow away all blemishes
just as a smith with silver.

Explanation: Wise persons, moment by moment, little by little, remove the blemishes off their own selves, just like the smiths removing impurities off silver.

But has black or white dhamma already freed us from how much suffering?

A proof?

Many people read your text and did not get angry.

:anjal:

2 Likes

What is obvious is that you do not know how it works at all.
There is nothing that is gradual, only a training called noble octuple path that after four months you stop suffering forever.
One day you realize that you no longer suffer, nothing. Neither physical pain nor mental pain.
You have everything in the Sutta of the Forty, but the translation is so bad, that no one has understood it in these millennia.
In any case, the analysis of the origin of the suffering and its end and the means by which it eradicates on the part of the Buddha is very deficient, reason why nobody has worked until now.
A more rational and simple method of only 66 days may suffice.
You only need mastery of jhānas and not being silly

Have you stopped disease, aging and death?

I can leave the disease and the aging, but not the death. My body is not immortal. Like everyone.
What all do not do is that neither disease, nor aging nor death cause me the slightest suffering.

You can also leave the disease and the aging. It’s so easy, I’m sure you know how.

The suttas explain how to leave birth, disease, aging & death. Therefore, the suttas know twice more than you do! However, you probably can cook a better paella than the suttas! :stew:

Bhikkhu, ‘I am’ is a conceiving; ‘I am this’ is a conceiving; ‘I shall be’ is a conceiving; ‘I shall not be’ is a conceiving; ‘I shall be possessed of form’ is a conceiving; ‘I shall be formless’ is a conceiving; ‘I shall be percipient’ is a conceiving; ‘I shall be non-percipient’ is a conceiving; ‘I shall be neither-percipient-nor-non-percipient’ is a conceiving. Conceiving is a disease, conceiving is a tumour, conceiving is a dart. By overcoming all conceivings, bhikkhu, one is called a sage at peace. And the sage at peace is not born, does not age, does not die; he is not shaken and does not yearn. For there is nothing present in him by which he might be born. Not being born, how could he age? Not ageing, how could he die? Not dying, how could he be shaken? Not being shaken, why should he yearn? MN 140

Then, monks, being subject myself to birth, seeing the drawbacks of birth, seeking the unborn, unexcelled rest from the yoke, Unbinding, I reached the unborn, unexcelled rest from the yoke: Nibbana. Being subject myself to aging… illness… death… sorrow… defilement, seeing the drawbacks of aging… illness… death… sorrow… defilement, seeking the aging-less, illness-less, deathless, sorrow-less, unexcelled rest from the yoke, Nibbana, I reached the aging-less, illness-less, deathless, sorrow-less, unexcelled rest from the yoke: Nibbana. Knowledge & vision arose in me: ‘Unshakeable is my release. This is the last birth. There is now no further becoming.’ MN 26

Hello @tommit,

Would you care to post those words in English?

If not, you probably should not post them at all…

Encouraging suicide is a no go in anyway, and it seems to be very unwholesome in this case: you are stating (if Google translate go it right) “from death no one is born”.

Well, that’s true enough if you are a Arahant. But you can’t blunty put such statement without fleshing out the conditions for death to not lead to rebirth.

Unless you are implying that there’s no rebirth (nihilism?)…

In all cases, I think that last post you have made is not suitable for this forum and I reported it accordingly.

1 Like