The tenfold path!

Sorry , it is bhikhhu vupassama .

http://www.baike.com/wiki/随佛法师

PTS ref: D I 74-76
English: https://suttacentral.net/en/dn2#bps79
Pali: https://suttacentral.net/pi/dn2#91

This detailed description of the Four Jhāna appears many many times in the EBTs.

best wishes

Ok, thanks anyway.

Since life is short, I’m not really interested in theories that don’t come from a careful application of the advice the Buddha gave for his teaching.

If you could ask him what advice he knows and is applying and let me know, that would be great.

best wishes

@Brother_Joe

One thing is , according to your explanation of 10 fold path , there are only 9 path (?) , liberation is the end result , not the path .

@Brother_Joe

Over confident may not be a good thing .
Anyway , best wishes to you .

Hi Apeiron

I don’t like conversations where people tell me what is what, especially about the Buddha’s teaching. It is also against a training recorded to be from the Buddha in the EBTs: if you have a belief, say ‘I believe this’ not ‘this is so’, that safeguards the truth.

For me, liberation is not realised only once and completely, but it must be developed and perfected, e.g. the SE realises it for the first time and very briefly. So it is part of the path.

best wishes

thanks for this unclear criticism/advice, it is the type commonly found in the world and not the type taught by the Buddha, as I have seen

best wishes

Dear Venerable ,

Thank you for what you point out .
your explanation and my understanding somehow differs , anyway thanks again .

Ps .

thanks for this unclear criticism/advice, it is the type commonly found in the world and not the type taught by the Buddha, as I have seen

I have made a simple/clear request to ask your teacher what he knows of the advice the Buddha gave for studying his teaching and you have avoided doing that.

best wishes

@Brother_Joe

Dear Venerable ,

You have said my teacher is bhante Dhammavuddho and that since his approach is limited by lack of knowledge of the Buddha’s advice on studying his teaching and therefore not fully applying it , therefore he is the teacher of such , so I am also like him as a student !

However , I am not his student and not like him at all . What is the purpose for you to say in such and to compare to him in the first place ?
Would the Buddha teach something alike ?

Btw , my teacher is in Taiwan and China most of the time which I am unable to meet , unless when he comes to my country .

Regards .

I doubt it very much.

It is possibly accepted as EBT by most -other than you- can you prove it is otherwise?

I’m not interested in anyone’s opinions, just the EBTs- if you opinion is in line with that we can discuss, if not we should make a new directory of views divergent from the EBT and include your opinions in that!

with metta

1 Like

What I said was:
I guess the monk you follow is Bh. Dhammavuddho

Hi Apeiron

You are not listening/paying attention. So you accuse me of something I have not done.

I’m not interested in this type of interaction.

but you have not said that you cannot email him

best wishes

and it seems you are the one to judge if it is or not, which is your opinion

even if the majority judge so, that is also their opinion/s

I am interested in everyone’s opinion/s, if their goal is to conform their opinion/s to what are probably authentic EBTs. Thus I ask about knowledge of advice ascribed to the Buddha about studying his teaching

best wishes

No one accused you of any kind .
But your self is implying I am not fully applying it due to lack of knowledge of the Buddha’s advice on studying his teaching which is same with the teacher , although you guessed wrongly on the teacher . But , that doesn’t mean you didn’t mean what you were implying on me ! You meant what you said !

I am not interested in this type of interaction !

He doesn’t have email and he don’t want to correspond with others directly , no one could contact him directly . Again , you are assuming he has email which he doesn’t .
Previous to our conversations I have had email few times to their society but no reply .

Ps.
If you want proof , You can email his society at below email in Taiwan .
Original.buddhism@gmail.com

I think we should stop at here .

Regards .

Yes.

I have many times supplied on this forum my compilation of advice I have found from the Buddha about studying his teaching and requested others to inform me if they have found other advice I have missed.

It seems you have done neither and if you wish to continue avoiding this, I agree we should stop there.

I’ll make the same request to your teacher via the email yous supplied, thanks and see what reply I get.

best wishes