This is why Religions have lost

We haven’t got lost like when you say to someone; Get Emptiness!!

That’s the evidence of organized religion gone out of date

Religions have key-words like “surrender” and “letting go”, and the concept is very simple, so why?

Religions are deceiving us with “talking the talk” but haven’t got around to start actually “walking the walk”

And when Religions fail to take themselves seriously, I must fail to because I cling to their constructions of a truth that by being fulfilled would remove all religions.

This is a recent insight, and I’m not sure about the quality, so I hope it’s fine to drop it off here

I have to do my own walking now, it’s a lifelong tudong and I won’t let anybody stop me

Greetings Friend :slightly_smiling_face::pray:t2:

Don’t despair, be happy :slightly_smiling_face:

While the earlier steps on the Path are reinforced by interactions with others, and really most of the path can be undertaken in groups, reinforcing the practice and the training. But if you have taken Nibbana as your goal, then the final parts of this journey have to be taken alone…

Others (the Buddha) have pointed the way, but we each, by ourselves, have to walk the last steps of the Path (stages of enlightenment), whether you live in a monastery, the bush or an apartment. It is as you say, to surrender completely within oneself. Leaving ALL behind. It is easiest in seclusion.

By this stage though, you know that this is what is required - it is now a question of doing it and any final subtle attachments will be flushed out for the last bits of work.

Its the only way, not a group excursion… With Nibbana/extinguishment you don’t even take yourself along…

Good luck :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Descartes said that even if becoming uncomfortable on a chosen path out of the jungle one must stick to it to avoid walking in circles and starve.

1 Like

I agree with the wisdom of staying put. Dig one single hole, and then keep on digging no matter what

It’s when it comes to choosing individual tool, many of my Buddhist friends frown at my choices, saying “that’s not what written scripture or Buddha said”.

I agree, can’t find it myself, so then I trust my former practice and take a leap into a black hole, lands safely, realising that it was fear that kept me back, plus too many friends advicing me to do nothing, sit still and be nice…

Hell no!

If other use chop sticks because that’s humble and typical Buddhist, I go for handgrenades and bazookas. The point is to dig a hole not dreaming about how it’s gonna be when the hole is done

Lord, here comes the flood
We’ll say goodbye to flesh and blood
If again the seas are silent in any still alive
It’ll be those who gave their island to survive

Drink up, dreamers
You’re running dry

Blockquote

I share with you my most dear teacher on my asymmetrical walk :pray: :green_heart:

1 Like