Tilorien Monastery update

Dear friends,

I want to thank you for all your caring emails in the last few days. But please rest assured we are all fine. The monastery is on higher ground so not directly affected by the floodings, but access roads are partly blocked. We also still have water and electricity.

The lower villages, towns and cities are all flooded and railway lines into the area have partly washed away and some bridges and houses collapsed. There are people dead and missing while others are waiting on rooftops to be rescued. The bigger cities and towns started evacuations yesterday.

This is a catastrophe that is completely unprecedented in these areas and I hope it will drive it home to people that climate change is real and that nobody is safe from that.

Much metta to all those in Belgium, Germany, Netherlands and Luxembourg who lost loved ones and property.
Ven. Vimala

32 Likes

Anjali dear Ayya Vimala,

I am glad you are safe. Thank you for the update.
I had heard about the flooding in Europe. Sad to hear of so much dukkha.

Western US is having another extreme heat wave.

Ah, anicca! Glad we have the Buddha’s teaching to help us. It is always the time to apply ourselves to the Dhamma.

Please continue to let us know how things are going there and if there is anything we can do to help.

With metta karuna,
Suvijjana Bhikkhuni

5 Likes