Vinaya Training Course for Western Bhikkhunis

12 Likes

Oh wow, this sounds awesome, thanks for sharing!

I know Sravasti Abbey are quite on the ball with their media content profile and put out a lot of material, I really hope some of this will be recorded and published.

Added re:

LIBS and the Abbey intend to compile the teachings for future publication.

I should have specified I meant video/audio.

Whatever the case, thoroughly awesome!

3 Likes

That would be really welcome.

3 Likes

I’ve offered service there on several occasions, always having had a lovely time. The setting is gorgeous and peaceful, and the nuns and monk are fun to be around. Venerable Chödron’s talks are full of humor, similar to Ajahn Brahm, and truly make the heart smile. Although I haven’t visited in a while, it is just these kinds of events that prove their motto, “creating peace in a chaotic world” is truly the standard they live by!

:anjal:

7 Likes

For something closer for the Aussies, there will be a Bhikkhuni Vinaya workshop held at the Australian Sangha Asc. AGM weekend, led by Venerable Pasada.

Date: March 14th 2018

9 Likes

That’s cool! Vinaya courses for Bhikkhunis showing up every here and there! :tulip:

7 Likes

Nice to see the Americans are catching up to what we did in Oz nearly a decade ago. I’m just sayin’.

7 Likes

i’m not very sure but can somebody explain how robes should actually be offered. like how they are obtained, how they are made, how they are offered, when they are offered…???

1 Like

@angie this might be better as a new thread.

3 Likes

:dharmawheel::dharmawheel::dharmawheel:

Is this what you are talking about, Bhante?

It just happens to be uploaded at the right time!

3 Likes

Okay, so I gather it has ended and was good:

Any news? Updates?

https://sravastiabbey.org/learn-meditation/at-the-abbey/vinaya-course-2018/

:clicks_refresh: :dog2: :clicks_refresh: :dog2: :clicks_refresh: :tongue: :clicks_refresh: :dog2: :clicks_refresh:

1 Like

This is all I’ve seen as far as updates, etc. I understand if they wish to keep the course content private, but I am a little disappointed.

https://sravastiabbey.org/2018-photo-gallery/

1 Like