Voice February release v2.7 Takumi 🇯🇵

Tomorrow SC-Voice is going to have another update that might be interesting for all those who understand some … :jp:!

9 Likes

It’s going to support reading in Japanese?

3 Likes

Well guessed! Yeap! :+1:

2 Likes

Does that mean there will be Japanese texts to read? Or is this just support for Japanese? I’m wondering because my girlfriend, who is a native Japanese speaker, would be interested.

3 Likes

:white_check_mark: :+1:

4 Likes

I know a small bit about the work that has gone into this.
Sadhu anumodana to those involved!

4 Likes

Takumi has now been released.

Together with his sister Mizuki, Takumi will help bring Early Buddhist texts to Japan and Japanese speaking people all over the world. There seems to be in fact a need, as has been recently mentioned here. Thank you @Kaz for translating them and getting them ready for publishing, and to your sister for proofreading! And thank you, @karl_lew, for all the technical supprt! :pray:

The following Suttas are the first ones to be available in Japanese: AN 4.58, AN 4.182, and AN 11.15.

Remember: Big things always start small! :heart:

And just as the little shoot has already all features of the fully grown tree, this little three-Sutta Japanese canon has all the functionality of Voice, including bilingual mode, examples, “Inspire Me”, and all.

A few more German Suttas have also been added.

Besides this, we keep working on our new search plugin module. It turns out to develop in ways we didn’t anticipate when we started. It’s amazing and keeps us fascinated! Hopefully one day it will have developed into something sensible to be used in Voice … :crystal_ball:

Find all release issues here.

8 Likes

@Kaz, thank you for the Dhamma gift of Japanese translations. :heart:
Anagarika @Sabbamitta, thank you for more German translations. :heart:

It is very special to see and hear your translations:

:pray: :pray: :pray:

Looking forward, as Anagarika Sabbamitta mentions, we’re looking at ways to host custom Dhamma websites on Github. These websites will be individually customizable yet they will all share a searchable view of the suttas in the language chosen by that website. Language-specific Dhamma websites can be customized for the needs of local communities as needed while sharing the latest content from Bilara. We’re still in development, so things are in a bit of flux, but if you’re interested in learning more about language-specific Dhamma websites, let us know!

5 Likes

Sādhu, sādhu, sādhu!

3 Likes

OMG so good, thanks everyone. :cake: :fireworks: :star_struck:

4 Likes