We had some down time

You may have noticed we had an outage for a while. There doesn’t seem to be any particular reason why, so I just assume our server decided to have a break for the holidays.

7 Likes

Why was outage there only for the discussion forum?

The forum is completely separate from the main site. Different servers, everything.

1 Like

Anatta.
So there is no unchanging entity. (server)
Perhaps we can use server simile instead of the chariot.
:electric_plug::computer::desktop_computer::printer::keyboard::computer_mouse::trackball::minidisc::minidisc::floppy_disk::cd::dvd:

2 Likes

Oh yes, no doubt were the Buddha alive today he would have used computer metaphors.

And bit and bytes are pretty much the least stable form of information that’s ever been invented.

2 Likes

Wasn’t there a sutta saying that unexplainable illnesses were due to karma, apart from the bile, phlegm, etc? Server outages maybe due to the same thing- kamma is not very democratic (more meritocratic :wink: ).

With metta

1 Like

Glad the server decided to come back.

On my phone the SC logo is missing at the top of the screen (d&d only). If I knew how to clear cache on a phone I would. iPhone 5, running ios10.3.3 in safari.

1 Like

It all seems to have caught up now. Ignore this.
Goodnight

2 Likes

Wild guess would be that the server decided to give us a retreat, and even wilder would be to guess that the server has kept a steadier noble silence than most of us during retreat time …

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Maybe the bitcoin geeks got mad about people running down bitcoin, and decided to turn us off. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Or maybe it was Farcebook, we were running them down too. :yum:

2 Likes

Bhante @sujato
Is it a good strategy to have some liaison with other Dhamma discussion groups such as Dhamma Wheel to notify these events?

https://dhammawheel.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=30882

1 Like