So far I know of these. (Including doubles)
The ten unanswered questions:
- The world is eternal.
- The world is not eternal.
- The world is (spatially) infinite.
- The world is not (spatially) infinite.
- The being imbued with a life force is identical with the body.
- The being imbued with a life force is not identical with the body.
- The Tathagata (a perfectly enlightened being) exists after death.
- The Tathagata does not exist after death.
- The Tathagata both exists and does not exist after death.
- The Tathagata neither exists nor does not exist after death.
Majjhima Nikaya 63 and 72.
62 wrong views in Digha Nikaya 1.
For example: the cosmos is eternal, or not eternal, or finite, or infinite; the soul and the body are the same thing, or they are different things; after death, a Realized One exists, or doesn’t exist, or both exists and doesn’t exist, or neither exists nor doesn’t exist.
Samyutta Nikaya 56.41
Scope of the Buddhas
Scope of one in absorption
Results of deeds
Speculation about the world
Anguttara Nikaya 4.77
- What am I?
- How am I?
- Am I?
- Am I not?
- Did I exist in the past?
- Did I not exist in the past?
- What was I in the past?
- How was I in the past?
- Having been what, did I become what in the past?
- Shall I exist in future?
- Shall I not exist in future?
- What shall I be in future?
- How shall I be in future?
- Having been what, shall I become what in future?
- Whence came this person?
- Whither will he go?
Majjhima Nikaya 2 (a question about those, 5 to 14, is that partially not reflecting about samsara? Or do I understand that wrong?)
And the Sutta where someone asked the buddha if all the world is becoming enlightened or half or a third? I csnnot find this sutta in google.
These are all I know of, are there more?
Thanks for every contribution.