What happened to user icons?

Does it help to press Ctrl + =?

2 Likes

Editing works after you do it a second time. So that would be Cloudflare too.

2 Likes

Thanks for that hope; itā€™s sort of nice to know it works on other sites.

2 Likes

Yes, @Robbie, that would probably be the best solution for now.

3 Likes

There are excellent new tools available for designing themes:

2 Likes

Only to a point - and not on iOS. But Iā€™ll have to manage.

The serif font just isnā€™t very clear. And, Aya @Vimala the stark black/white contrast isnā€™t ideal either way round, dark grey/brown or off white backgrounds help readability.

Again, thank you.

2 Likes

I have been searching for font changing extensions, and found this one:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/font-changer-with-google/jgjhhoglgjdklldfgoffdiaceffijeke/

It seems to work okay, their default global font is already a lot better. You can also upload other fonts to it by Googling [fontname] + .ttf (or [fontname] + .otf or [fontname] + .woff), downloading the font, and adding it to Font Changer.

There are other extensions as well, but I donā€™t havenā€™t tried them out. Donā€™t use Stylish though; they have stolen user data!

2 Likes

Try this. Itā€™s got some useful tips: 8 iPhone accessibility features that make everyone's life better

4 Likes

By the way, Dark Reader also has buttons for Sepia, Grayscale, Brightness, and Contrast. I just figured this out! (Have been using the extension for a while already.)

2 Likes

Where did you find these buttons @Robbie?

2 Likes

Click on the Dark Reader icon. By default, the ā€œFilterā€ menu should open. Below Dark/Light Mode youā€™ll find the buttons (sliders) for Brightness etc.

Iā€™d send you a screenshot, but Discourse doesnā€™t let me.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s brilliant ā€“ I found Helvetica lurking behind the Sepia etc. :smile:

3 Likes

Okay guys. All should be working again now with no more server errors.

Also, I rigged up a quick Accessibility-theme in both dark and light so maybe @Gillian would you like to test that (you might have to disable your new browser settings)?
There is still a lot that can be done to improve it but itā€™s not bad. You can also play around with the text size.

Maybe @karl_lew would like to have a look at that too?

8 Likes

Dear Ayya @Vimala. You are amazing! :pray: This is so kind of you. ā€¦ For me this is sufficient; I can live very happily with either version just as they are now. :smiley: ā€¦ Iā€™m sure there are others out there whoā€™ll join in my appreciation. Thank you so much for doing this for us. :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck:

8 Likes

The Accessibility Theme-Dark is great! Thank you Ayya @Vimala. Iā€™ve been moving slowly to Dark themes and it really is easier on the eyes. :darth_vader: :wink:

8 Likes

Thank you very much, both accessibility themes are great and they allow per-user global font resize, yay!

The site banner (link to SuttaCentral) at the top is a bit wider than the header (perhaps it was coded in fixed units or %; maybe setting its size to 100vw would do the trick?). And maybe make it the same colour as the header to make it more seamless?

3 Likes

Iā€™m loving the Light best.

3 Likes

Thanks so much Ayya, thatā€™s a great idea. Theming on D&D definitely needs some love. (I might, or might not, have made the first step towards getting our first dedicated UX designer for SC ā€¦)

6 Likes

user inter-x? :man_climbing:

2 Likes

Ayya @Vimala. My eyes :eyes: thank you so much :heart_eyes: for the Dark Accessibility theme. Now it no longer feels like the screen is screaming in my eyes.

I will keep testing with this. BTW, one small note:

• I cannot read the number of messages except by squinting. Not sure what solution is: either white circle with black number or black circle with white numbers?
    53%20PM

User eXperience. :smile:

4 Likes