What happened to user icons?

Did it, and it worked.

Bildschirmfoto%20vom%202019-03-22%2009-08-57

But what I can see is that suttabot lost their user icon… :cry:

2 Likes

Oh dear … well, I’ve had to replace him with R2D2 I’m afraid.
:r2d2:

5 Likes

Let’s just see how he looks like: @suttabot, can you say something?

@suttabot display help

2 Likes

I currently know how to do the following things:

@suttabot start new user

Starts one of the following interactive narratives: new user, advanced user.

@suttabot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@suttabot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you — Princess Diana

@suttabot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

3 Likes

I’m still having a problem with my missing user icon (Chrome on Windows 10).

And on the smartphone (Chrome on Android), I can’t see some icons when expanding the :heart: button below some posts.

3 Likes

I can see your user icon. Did you already try clearing your browser cache?

1 Like

The missing icons was a discourse software-problem and not something I could do much about apart from upgrading. But I think in this case indeed maybe clearing your cache (try on incognito window) or try changing the theme and see if that works.

3 Likes

I cleared my cache, tried an incognito window, restarted the computer, changed the theme… the icon is still missing.

Anyway, seems like I’m the only one with this bug, and I can live with the missing icons. No worries, just thought I’d mention it since it was an issue for many people in the last few days.

2 Likes

And just for completeness, I just tested on Firefox, and the icon is missing there too.

2 Likes

This sounds very bad. Why does this happen to Yodha? The Force is failing… :astonished:

5 Likes

Is this any better now?

2 Likes

Yes, the icon is back! :heart: :lightsaber: :yoda_sw:

2 Likes

Interesting cause my icon is still missing. Was your fix local to Yodha or global, Ven. @Vimala ?

Should be back now. If anybody else has this problem, please just go to your preferences and re-upload your picture and that should fix it.

4 Likes

I was able to recreate this on multiple browsers on mobile and also on desktop (multiple themes, multiple texts sizes, even when not logged in) with the exact same results:

image image image

Note that on desktop this is not immediately apparent, you need to scroll a bit to the right.

I’m guessing this banner was hacked a long time ago and is not playing nice with the rest of the site any more. Perhaps one of the newer theme components would work better?

I tested this one: Brand Header - theme-component - Discourse Meta online on https://theme-creator.discourse.org/ and it offers the basic fuctionality (with a few additional CSS tweaks to hide the link and hamburger menu elements visible on mobile).

3 Likes

When I scroll to the right I can see it too:

Bildschirmfoto%20vom%202019-03-22%2021-34-17

2 Likes

I think I found it. Try this now.

3 Likes

Now there is no scrolling left and right any more on my screen (nor on the phone), so this looks good. Thank you! :anjal:

2 Likes

Hurrah! :anjal:

3 Likes