What interesting audio are you listening to?

And yet, still, a very “exotic”, dare I say, “Chinese-y” font was chosen for the video, one should point out. Very interesting, the intersection and friction between Buddhism and exoticism as it “presents itself” or “indigenizes” to “the West”.

One particular traditional bell gāthā, same text as the above, with more elaboration and including Bodhisattva Vows:

Hari OM Tat Sat - Moola Mantra

Om Sat Chit Ananda Parabrahma

Purushothama Paramatma

Sri Bhagavathi Sametha

Sri Bhagavathe Namaha

:anjal:

https://www.enthusiasticbuddhist.com

and

2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

:thinking::thinking::dharmawheel:

My smile is stuck.
I cannot go back to your Frownland.
My spirit’s made up of the ocean and the sky and the sun and the moon and all my eyes can see.
I cannot go back to your land of gloom where black jagged shadows remind me of the coming of your doom.

If anyone could take the above, here it is in a different performance with the lyrics:

Discovering Schnittke. Wow.

An acoustic lullaby from one of the best and most well-mastered albums ever.

Fleetwood Mac - Never Going Back Again (Remastered Version)

2 Likes

hang drums instrumental

2 Likes
2 Likes

400 BCE :slight_smile:
2018 CE :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

:zipper_mouth_face::disappointed_relieved::shushing_face::sob:

1 Like

Nice one. Angst

I’ve listened to the following for more of my life than any music. It is DN33, translated by Bhante Sujato and spoken by Amy:

5 Likes

Nice meanings…

2 Likes

My go to channel for ambient/psy/chill YouTube -many of the artists there seem to be inspired by eastern philosophy, myths and religion. Either in name, style or both…

I could link so much, music is a big part of who i am but i will limit this with just one more essential track. It never fails me, in good or bad mood this always make my day. https://youtu.be/uq-gYOrU8bA
audio might be better on other clips but this has Chevy Chase in the official music video.

3 Likes