What is the status of cracking down Dhammakaya?

Wow, the way AlexM describes this group it reminds of evangelical churches in Latin America.

Here in the west, nazi infused Buddhism is becoming popular online. I find it hard to believe but it is happening. Even worse people excuse it and are keeping quite about it.

3 Likes

Luckily I think that is only one particular Buddhist, a Canadian unfortunately, unless he is developing a following :s.

1 Like

He seems to be developing a following and even has an American monk on his team. A far right monk that has followers on dhammawheel.

2 Likes

The Russian-American one? There are so many far-right monks in cyberspace these days it’s hard to count. Yeah, DhammaWheel also is a wild place as of late. Eh? I used to post there a lot but never do anymore. The old conversations from pre-2014 are a gold mine, or can be, though.

Can you PM me if you have evidence of teachings associated with Brian Ruhe being propagated there?

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing this!

As I have never heard of the Dhammakaya movement I found it to be a fascinating read—though the story it tells is a depressingly familiar one.

In fact, the tale of Phra Dhammajayo is if anything, quite banal.

:heart::pray::heart:

1 Like

I’m completely gobsmacked.

At this, I had to Google. I listened to about 10 seconds of Mr. Ruhe on YouTube and have had enough.

You’ll be pleased to know we banned him from this forum when he tried to post here.

10 Likes

I haven’t been on this forum in a while but I just logged on and there was a like to my comment from Brian Ruhe. lol