What would a Buddhist do in a zombie outbreak?

Lol… XD

Excellent, thanks for the laugh! :joy:

This is indeed fun! It is worth highliting that we actually do find mention to zombies in the EBTs!

In the Vinaya’s Bhikkhu Vibhanga we find the case of a walking fresh corpse who ran after a bhikkhu who had stolen rags from it despite the ghost inhabiting it asking him to not proceed! :scream:

On one occasion, a monk went to a charnel ground and took the rags from a fresh corpse.

The ghost was still dwelling in that body, and it said to the monk, “Venerable, don’t take my robe.”

The monk took no notice and went away. Then the body got up and followed closely behind that monk.

The monk entered his dwelling and closed the door, and the body fell down at that very place.

He became remorseful … “There’s no offense entailing expulsion. But a monk shouldn’t take rags from a fresh corpse. If he does, he commits an offense of wrong conduct.”

https://suttacentral.net/en/pi-tv-bu-vb-pj2

7 Likes

it would not be breaking the precept of ‘not killing’ if you shot them with a machine gun or chucked grenades etc. Why: THEY ARE ALREADY DEAD! XO

1 Like

You forgot the 1-lifer solipsist/existentialist buddhist. "There are no zombies out there. There is nothing that exist out there anyway. This is just an internal product of the deluded mind through the internal process of assumption. " - so he will try to cleanse his mind of delusion and stop assuming the zombies are real

5 Likes

“This too, will pass” - as Ajahn Brahm uses to say :wink:

What would Ajahn Sujato supporters say? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

They would say: “I support Ajahn Sujato! Ahhhh, my brains!!!”

:mindblown:

5 Likes

Perhaps get on with translation of suttas in zombies language :wink::ghost:

9 Likes

Brilliant!
:grin:

2 Likes

Brilliant… XD

1 Like

Nice stuff!

What would a Buddhist do in a zombie outbreak? Probably say something like…

“What makes a zombie a ‘zombie’? What is the inherent nature of a zombie? What is the essence of “zombie”? Where can this Zombie essence be found? This zombie is an ever changing stream of diverse dhammā. Where is the core? There is no core. This zombie is empty of own-being, of inherent existence. All zombies are empty of inherent existence. There is no difference between a zombie and a OH MY GOD NOT-I IS BEING EATEN-”

Sarcasm glasses off.

1 Like

If you can’t beat them turn them into zombie incense holders.

5 Likes

With regards to making a bhikkhuni emoji (which I still want to happen). Dhamma Wheel made their own emojis (which are available for use on this platform)-- couldn’t we do something similar?

1 Like

It’s simple to add emoji, if you can get the files we can do it.

2 Likes

What file format is an emoji in?

Ahh, the funny kind? Usually png I guess. But whatever, any kind of format is fine, if you get the files I’ll have a look and see what we can do with them.

1 Like

I just made dis. On paint. So perhaps a real graphic designer can create something actually useable ('cos this is way too big), or… fiverr.com!!

P.S. there is an app you can use to make emoji’s out of pics like the one you had! but it could end up looking weird emoji size.

3 Likes