When you realize giving loving kindness to yourself

Is receiving love, and being loved. up until this point, kindness was a task. wow. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Can you describe a bit more what you mean :smiley:

Much Mudita to you :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

I kind of just went into that Christian type mindset of thinking of all the support and love I get from my friends, my mother and father, spiritual friends, possibly even Devas. I think it is wholesome to receive and actually take that love that has been given to us from external sources. I had always confused that with attachment, but now I’m beginning to think it’s a crucial part of the path. I may be wrong, but it in no way feels sensual or clingy at this point.

4 Likes

Something like “if everyone were bodhisattvas and giving to each other, who’d be doing the eating?”

1 Like

Gratitude is also a Buddhist virtue

The Blessed One said

“Now what is the level of a person of no integrity? A person of no integrity is ungrateful & unthankful. This ingratitude, this lack of thankfulness, is advocated by rude people. It is entirely on the level of people of no integrity. A person of integrity is grateful & thankful. This gratitude, this thankfulness, is advocated by civil people. It is entirely on the level of people of integrity.”

It is beautiful when it arises spontaneously.

7 Likes