Why are you faithful to Buddha Dharma? (inspiration)

Please leave your inspiration for other users.

For me I’m faithful in Dharma because it’s methods effects are visible here and now. Before without Buddha Dhamma my meditation was chaotic. With it there is less attachments. Without it I created illusory dreams. With it I slept in peace.

7 Likes

I would say we can’t say that the Dhamma is truth until we first glimpse Nibbana. Before that we have saddha (faith). Still, I can certainly accept the premises and conclusions of the 4NT. The 4NT make sense to me. Reading them is how I came to Buddhism.

4 Likes

Letting go of resentment doesn’t require Nibbana. Yet it is one of the first things I learned reading the Dhamma.

DN33:3.2.15: Thinking: ‘They did wrong to me, but what can I possibly do?’ you get rid of resentment.

The day I read it, a car almost ran me over. It was a valuable lesson to learn. And it worked.

Unless…
…giving up resentment is a glimpse of Nibbana? :laughing:

You see. I live in a yippee-kay-yay culture, where we watch DieHard for Christmas with family as celebration of community and good will.

:smile:

6 Likes

Is it even Christmas without die hard? :smile:

2 Likes

It directs our attention to what we habitually overlook. It enriches our lives by encouraging us to understand rather than to condemn. It is both dynamic and illusive which makes it open to interpretations and reliable anytime and anywhere.

2 Likes

Many reasons. Because of the book Authencity of the early buddhist texts, because its methods are effective here and now and because something about buddhism is special to me. To add, because the buddha taught in such a pedantic way, because of buddha’s emphasis on ethnics and because the buddha’s teaching go against the stream of the world. His teaching go against most what we know, love and we are used to. For example renunciation and reducing sensual pleasures.

Also, the final goal nibanna its not like christianity or other religions( no disrespect) where you have to to follow an easy or mediocre path to get to heaven. From what I have learned about buddhism the path is hard, acheiving attainments is hard, some attainments we might not even realise in this lifetime. Imo if someone was to fake a religion or a spirituality they wouldn’t make the path so hard and detailed, they would just create an easy ride.

This gives me faith in the buddha because I just can’t see how or why someone would do all this if it wasn’t true.

My name is Rock Lee and I at least want to be a stream winner before I die! (sorry, cringe I know)

5 Likes

Sadhu sadhu sadhu!

May this wholesome desire power your right efforts and propel you along the Path. Every single tiny step is a great thing leading to more peace and less suffering.
:pray:t2::slightly_smiling_face::butterfly:

3 Likes

Because i didn’t know anything about letting go, so I surrendered. Later I was lead to Buddhism by listening to the heart. So, yes, my faith is just fine, and I don’t feel the slightest bit of shame to say so.

Letting go, would for me lead to practicing yogi rebirths along the way, but surrender is non debatable, and Mara knows this fact.

3 Likes

A combination of personal experiences after practicing Dhamma, my own philosophical investigation and questioning of the truths found in the Buddhist texts, and also a pragmatic kind of faith in what I cannot fully verify or prove right now which has grown over time.

3 Likes

Ive looked and looked and cant find a single thing wrong with the core idea.

One time, I tried DMT, a powerful psychedelic substance. I experienced something extraordinary that changed my perception of the world. Since then, I found the teachings of the Buddha to be profoundly meaningful, and I developed faith in the Dhamma.