Dhamma doodles šŸ˜

I say make 'em anyway! :grimacing: Thereā€™s at least one nunā€™s community I know that is practicing all of the Bhikkhuni patimokkha as is. If they came across the doodles, theyā€™d probably appreciate it.

4 Likes

Please donā€™t stop :slight_smile: it enables deeper understanding and investigation - beneficial things ! :smiley:

7 Likes

:sweat: :face_with_head_bandage: about sums it up!

It is not uncommon that when people leave the forces, or the police they go into private protection work. Now that Iā€™ve hung up my mod gloves, if it would help to see these doodles come into being for the benefit of those who would benefit, Iā€™d be willing to offer my services to safeguard the Doodle thread and and eject any flappy nonsense. I will happily charge my standard rate of nothing! :smiley:

10 Likes

Ok. I canā€™t resist. Three cheers for Aminah the Dhamma Doodle Bouncer!
Hip hip!
ā€¦
:joy:

7 Likes

Hooray! Go, @Aminah, go!

5 Likes

Requested by @Gus: a DN 16 doodle, Mahaparinibbanasutta. :grin:

Farewell Tour

14 Likes

This is so excellent!

I have a proof copy of the third and final Middle Length discourses on hand, and Iā€™m going through it for typos and layout issues now. The Longer Discourses volume is in draft, and it will be done very soon. I look forward to putting this image on the cover. Itā€™s perfect.

12 Likes

Iā€™m glad you like it.

I have a larger file of this doodle (3.9 MB). If that would be useful for printing, let me know, and Iā€™ll send it to you.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve had no troubles so far, but it canā€™t hurt to have a bit higher resolution. Iā€™ll send you my email privately.

2 Likes

Foolish Teachers

DN 12

Take a teacher who has not reached the goal of the ascetic life for which they went forth from the lay life to homelessness. They teach their disciples: ā€˜This is for your welfare. This is for your happiness.ā€™ ā€¦
Itā€™s like someone who abandons their own field and presumes to weed someone elseā€™s field.

10 Likes

Random questionā€”did you make these yourself, @yodha? Theyā€™re great!

Crochet Mendicants
8 Likes

Yes, I made them myself.

6 Likes

I have been motivated to doodle lately.
The new Anagarikas wanted a cleaning check list that was ā€˜more funā€™ this has led to the suggestion we doodle our whole korwat. Yikes!

And then to help me remember pabbajja stuffā€¦ or distract me from pabbajja anxiety.

17 Likes

18 Likes

There is an amusing bit of dramatic tension in the ā€œcheck for miceā€. One isnā€™t exactly sure what to do about this eventuality! :scream:

3 Likes

:scream::mouse::mouse::tornado::fire::boom::radioactive:

5 Likes

This is indeed fun, and also for me! The different features of the Dhammasara kitchen are easily recognizable for one who has been staying and working there for some monthsā€”and they arouse very fond memories! Please give my warmest regards to all those who remember me, especially to Ven. Ajita who then was working in the kitchen as Anagarika while I was there. :heart:

In fact, if the ā€œcheck for miceā€ is neglected it might turn out not very well for a mouse who is sitting in the trap. If it doesnā€™t get detected it will starve right there; and if detected, while I was there we would take them to the forest and release there. :mouse2:

All the best wishes for that!!! :crossed_fingers: :anjal:

6 Likes

Heehee. Getting ready then??

2 Likes

Ah! You have humane traps then, not these awful maiming traps that I see in the store. :heart:

3 Likes

Dhammasara is a monastery that follows the Buddhaā€™s teachingā€¦ :heart:

5 Likes