10th Anniversary of Theravadin Nuns Ordination in Australia

The Buddhist Society of Western Australia celebrated the 10th Anniversary of the First Theravada Bhikkhuni Ordination in Australia on 27th October along with the Kathina ceremony at Dhammasara Nuns’ monastery.

Congratulations to everyone involved Sadhu! Sadhu! Sadhu!

From the compassion and courage to make it happen, to the inspirational results in such a beautiful and thriving community at Dhammasara Nuns Monastery.

It is such a blessing to witness a thriving four fold sangha in Australia :anjal::dharmawheel::anjal:

For more details, links to a video and an online commemorative booklet please follow the link below.

25 Likes

Thank you so much for posting this link, Viveka.

I watched the video before my formal practice yesterday night and found it wonderfully helpful for cultivating feelings of sympathetic joy and for recollecting the sangha.

:pray:

1 Like

How time flies.
:anjal: to all the sisters

3 Likes

Dear Viveka,
Thank you for sharing. I had been meaning to post something up. It is indeed such a privileged to be here and to have been part of this auspicious event. Much gratitude to Ajahns Vayama, Nirodha, Hasapanna and Seri.

Viveka, if you’re still ‘around’ I hope we will see you at Dhammasara some time. I promise to do my best to spend some time with you. I feel really bad we never got to catch up during vassa.

4 Likes

Dear Ven Passana, please, only feel good. :pray::slightly_smiling_face: It was lovely to see you. I loved having the 4 fold sangha at the Dhamma talk evenings at Bodhinyana - so great!
I’m back in Victoria, but really hope to come and stay at Dhammasara at some time :smiley:

metta :sunflower: :sparkling_heart:

4 Likes