7–1–7: Chanting and meditation service on Dhammanet, with love from Lokanta

Hey all, so good to see y’all enjoying this, we’re happy to keep it up indefinitely, and we are putting together some new ideas for online as well.

We’re abit slow off the mark compared to some others, our friends at Buddhist Insights have been doing a stack of things online, you should check it out! We have a chat with Vens Soma and Suddhaso the other day, and we’re hoping to maybe do an online event with all of us.

And for lovers of Pali chanting and global interconnection, look out for an awesome event starting tomorrow!

12 Likes

Bhante Sujato and Bhante Akaliko, thank you very much for the continued Dhamma services online. I have been joining you in the morning and night as much as possible, and they have been really helpful. Thank you. :anjal:

6 Likes

Hey thanks Kaz! A bit of silence always helps.

There was a beautiful message from the Queen today: “the streets are not empty, they are filled with the love that we have for each other.”

9 Likes

The following online Dhamma talk and discussion by Ven Akaliko will be taking place on Tuesday 19/5/2020.

Check out the link below. An excellent topic and discussion :pray: :slight_smile:

Samvega!

5 Likes

Ven @Akaliko

Just a ‘heads up’ I’ve been trying to register via The Buddhist Library, for 2 days and make a donation via paypal, but the system isn’t working.

Might just be idiosyncratic to me as have been having email probs, but just wanted to let you know so you can check :slight_smile:

For anyone else having this problem, but still wanting to give Dana, donations can be made to Lokanta Vihara via their web page as well (the very last lines of the text on home page :slight_smile: :pray:

https://lokanta.github.io/

1 Like

Hey all if you’ve been tuning in to 717 we have been cut off sometimes, don’t worry, it is just a connectivity problem at our end, we’re still here!

5 Likes

Hello @Viveka Hmmm. I just tried registering and it worked but I wasn’t trying to donate… so I just ticked the “other” box and it all seemed fine… But you have given the video and zoom links which is the most important bit and any kind donations can be sorted out later.

3 Likes

Yes, I also got an error message from the donation system, but ticking “other” gives the link. Hopefully can figure something out later :heart:

4 Likes

Hello friends :smiley:

With the Vassa (Rains Retreat) coming up and after 3 months of regular sessions, Bhante @sujato and I have decided to wrap up the 717 Service. Tomorrow, Friday 3rd July is our last day.

We had a lot of appreciative support from many people here in Australia and overseas for the service, which helped them feel connected to a community and establish a a regular practice during a time of uncertainty.

Thanks to Damith from Dhammanet who allowed us to use his channel. Thanks to @Robbie for the beautiful chanting book. @mikenz66 I’ve asked Damith to create a playlist as you requested above.

A big Sadhu to everyone who tuned in for the sessions to chant the Dhamma and practice meditation.

As Ajahn Brahm would say: Carry on!

11 Likes

Thank you both for holding these. Much appreciated. May you both be well and your Vassa be fruitful. Sadhu, sadhu, sadhu!! :pray::pray::pray:

@sujato @Akaliko

6 Likes

Here’s the Dhammanet playlist if anyone needs it.

:pray:

5 Likes

Bhante @Akaliko can the Chanting book link be added to the playlist description please? :slight_smile: It would be helpful.

Might even be a good slide or caption for the beginning or end of the videos?

Wanted to make this very accessible.

3 Likes

Is it possible to hope that the indefatigable @Musiko could create an audio-only list with a morning, midday and evening chant (to net in the three different suttas) on it? :pray:

1 Like

WE’RE BAAAAAAAAAAAACKKKKKKKK

Friday evening dhamma group is starting this week, thanks to COVID it is now open to all without borders.
On 31 July from 7 pm to 8 pm AEST doors open every Friday until further notice.
Main presenter: Bhante Sujato
Program:
chanting (5)
meditation (15)
discourse (20)
discussion (20)

Please use this link to join: https://meet.jit.si/MonksinCyberspace

https://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/ to access your time zone

Chanting Book: https://github.com/cuboids/717/raw/master/717_Chanting_Book.pdf

7 Likes