7–1–7: Chanting and meditation service on Dhammanet, with love from Lokanta

Dear friends, to help with the stress and uncertainty of the COVID-19 virus worldwide, Ven Akaliko and I will be offering a short Dhamma service three times daily via live stream.

• 7am
  • 1pm
  • 7pm

All times Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT), i.e. Sydney time.

We will be doing some Pali chanting and a short meditation, about 30 minutes in all. It’s a chance for you to check in, be still, and remind yourself that you’re not alone. The Buddha has given us the tools for coping with stress, let’s use them!

Subscribe or just drop by.

We may be offering additional teachings and courses, please stay tuned.

36 Likes

Sadhu! Sadhu! Sadhu!

10 Likes

Sadhu, sadhu, sadhu! :anjal:

5 Likes

Canberra or Sydney, yes!

3 Likes

Folks may find the resources at TimeAndDate.com helpful for global Dhamma connections

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meeting.html

8 Likes

We’re starting soon, everyone, please remember this is our first time, we have no idea what we’re doing! Hopefully it will work!

7 Likes

Thanks! To see the times in your local timezone click these links:

11 Likes

Thank you so much, Bhantes, for sharing those moments of gentleness and stillness. :pray:

7 Likes

Hey, it seemed to work mostly! We’ll get better at the tech over time. But anyway, just so you know, we are there. Join us for a little peace.

16 Likes

Love it. Will be great to reset from the craziness at work
and listen on my lunch break!
Cheers

7 Likes

Thank you very much, Bhante. Sadhu Sadhu Sadhu. :anjal:
I found extremely calming. Just I needed now as I am struggling with my work and illness. And, may the power of Dhamma calm the world.

11 Likes

Isn’t it great to get this break in the middle of the day and know that others are sharing in it.

Thank you Bhantes. :pray: :pray: :pray:

7 Likes

Just discovered this. My alarm is set for 2:56 a.m.! :clock3: :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Was very cool seeing you there this morning! :grinning: :relieved: Who would have thought that isolation can lead to greater connection :rofl:

7 Likes

Likewise. :blush: These online gatherings with the ordained Sangha are so cool! I like it not to have a body. Just being there, no need to use words… :relieved:

9 Likes

Sadhu! Thank you Bhante. I’ve been tuned in nearly every 7-1-7. Best routine ever! It gives lightness & space to my days - a great antidote to the panic & hysteria out there!
Could you please say the names of the suttas you are chanting? After the itipiso part. I heard you say that at 1pm its the Ratana sutta but I cant work out which sutta you & Akaliko chant morning & evening. :pray:

6 Likes

Maybe I dont need to ask the bikkhus this question! Does anyone else know which suttas they are chanting morning & evening?

2 Likes

Chants for the service will include:

From the bhikkhus’ announcement on the Monastery at the End of the World homepage.

9 Likes

Ok thankyou E Rose. I hadn’t seen the website post. This will fire my chanting.

3 Likes

It’s so good. My happy place. Thankyou.

3 Likes