A course on the Itivuttaka

Hello Bhante

These courses will be live?

If you please talk about this sutta

Has anyone been able to find them? I had a look around, but no luck so far…

I have not either. It’s not on dhammanet YouTube nor on the podcast. I googled but no luck.

1 Like

I attended several of the classes. They were great, but there was quite a bit of discussion that probably wouldn’t have recorded well. The editing could be quite arduous. :slight_smile:

@Deepika, do you know if there are plans to share some video?

1 Like

So sorry for the lateness in responding and for not visiting this forum until now.
We like to take a little break before launching the next series, presenters will be Bhante Sujato and Venerable S.Dhammika. Full content will be published soon.
We will endeavour to make the some comments from the discussions from previous courses available soon, there are no plans to publish the full discussion at this stage.

10 Likes

Dhammapada course was given during Vassa 2019, it was 6 days of contact (9am to 4pm each day), Content was presented online and discourse, there were brainstorming sessions, discussions, individual presentations by students and group meditation. As you can appreciate to make the content meaningful we have to work on the recordings a fair bit. We hope to publish it before the begining of Vassa 2020. We discussed following chapters, Discussions were based on Literal, Moral, Metaphorical and Transcendental vies of the same.
Day 1 July 21 - Fool (bala) c5
Day 2 August 4th -Mind (citta) c3
Day 3 August 18th - Old age (jara) c11
Day 4 September 1st -Thousands (Sahassa) c8
Day 5 September 15th - Self (atta) c12
Day 6 September 29th - Happiness (sukkha) c15
Thank you for checking on it.

11 Likes

Anjali Bhante, we are reading one verse/day at Dhammadharini Monastery, no up to Iti62. I appreciate your comments on the value (or non-value) of the commentary, since some readers do not have access to it.

9 Likes

Doing the editing will be a huge job and I reckon that, after all the events you’ve organised and hosted recently, you and Damith deserve a good rest.

Sadhu for what you have been doing at DhammaNet.
:pray::pray::pray:

9 Likes

Ok! Thank you for everything!

6 Likes

Oh really, that sounds fun!

I am hoping to get back to translating it very soon, but have been fully occupied with extensive work on the Pali files.

4 Likes

Thank you so much, dear Bhante Sujato! Looking forward to joining in​:upside_down_face:! Last time I did not succeed…:slightly_frowning_face:
I would be very interested in how to use Itivuttaka in daily practice not only meditation.
As I am also based in a different time zone I would be thankful for recording.
Metta, Esther

4 Likes

Looking forward to it!

Mega metta,

Dheerayupa

3 Likes

Invitation to join two online dhamma courses.

To help on the path - a palisade of dhamma

A four-part series of discourse and discussion

An introduction to Itivuttaka: Presented by Bhante Sujato
Based on Khujjuttara’s recollection of Buddha’s discourses

The life of the Buddha: Presented by Bhante S Dhammika
Historical events depicted in the early Buddhist texts

Enrolment is essential to join the discussion forum.
Participants will receive a weekly reminder with a ZOOM link.

ENROL HERE

10 Likes

Nice! :pray: I’m enrolling. I would really like to participate. I will see if I can make it, it makes Friday midnight in my timezone :smiley: (CET) Let’s see…

4 Likes

Registered and looking forward to attending the course.
Big thank you for organizing it. :pray:

3 Likes

I’m not able to make the times of the discussions for the next two courses either. I plan to open a Forum thread for each of them and invite those who are able to attend to share a bit of what they find interesting in the discussions.

8 Likes

The first lesson was announced for yesterday, but I can’t see it. Has it been delayed, or is there a problem with my browser?

Thanks for organizing the course! :heart:

1 Like

No, I delayed it due to overwork; I have been super-busy with SC work in the past weeks. But I am preparing to record right now!

7 Likes

FYI, the first course/video is now accessible on the platform.

2 Likes

And FYFI I have started discussion threads for each of the courses here, with links to the enrolment page and to the videos on YouTube:

7 Likes