A substantialist view of the aggregates

While you mention all the time that everything is dukkha with various quotes - you and the other cessationists, believe it or not,
still have a narrow view of what dukkha actually is.

Please let me explain.

“All states of existence are impermanent, suffering, and perishable”

Yet in our interactions on this forum you have made it clear that deep dreamless sleep is close to what Nibbāna is. Nibbāna is lika a permanent version of dreamless sleep. Unconscious states are lika a precursor and hint to Nibbāna.

So somehow these states of non-awareness/unconscioussness that you happen to prefer are for some reason not seen as impermanent, suffering, and perishable.

That is why I think there is a narrow view on dukkha, despite all the quotes.

Since the jhanas of cessationists differ to the actual jhanas with plenty of contradictions like the following statements:

• ”The 5 senses cease”,

• ”one only recollects past lives AFTER emerging from jhana - not during”

• And even Ven. Ajahn Brahm claiming that there is “No perception of light” in jhanas(?!?)

I’ve come to the following conclusion:

Cessationists have only entered Asaññasattāvāso, but mistaken it for Nibbāna, during their meditations.

The reason I think this is so is not only because of the statements above regarding the 4 jhanas corresponding to rupa loka which implies that the brahma gods who are the inhabitants there are not only dumb deaf and blind - there is apparently not even any perception of light in rupa loka(?)

But also the wrong views regarding the formless realms where it is suggested that at the destruction of kama loka insects end up in the formless(!?)
(because otherwise insects during the destruction of kama loka would be annihilated and reach the same type of Nibbāna cessationists strive for…)
There is even claims that those who commit suicide end up in the formless(!?)

This shows that the cessationist views regarding arupa loka are also clearly wrong and differ from the suttas.

That being said, since there is no interest in any of these planes of existence and what they are REALLY like + a preference for unconscious states I can only draw that conclusion - and hope you understand why I do that?

A healthier approach is seeing every succeeding higher plane of existence as superior in bliss compared to the lower planes, this way one knows what one is actually giving up in pursuit for something even more sublime and refined - until nothing is felt.

To claim to know what Nibbāna implies while at the same time saying VERY inaccurate things about jhanas and rupa loka/arupa loka + not seeing any unconscious states as dukkha shows that this ”Nibbāna” spoken about is most likely Asaññasattāvāso and not Nibbāna.
:pray: