We have a new addition to the FAQs regarding the posting of AI content, please have a read of it.
Q39. Can I add/create a thread or post which contains AI (Artificial Intelligence) content from popular sources such as ChatGPT?
A: AI generated content is not encouraged. However, due to the popularity of free-to-use AI systems such as ChatGPT, we acknowledge that it is inevitable that there will be posts that draw from such sources, so please be aware that:
- Verbatim AI generated textual content is strongly discouraged. It should not make up the majority of the post or reply.
- If AI-generated content (textual or other) is posted for discussion, its source must always be acknowledged.
- Suspected unacknowledged AI text should be flagged, so that it can be considered by the moderators.
- Any AI-generated content from any source may be considered inappropriate for reasons of quality, accuracy, triviality, or otherwise detracting from the quality of forum discussions.
- AI-generated translations of EBT (Early Buddhist Text) material are acceptable if sourced and of sufficient quality, or welcomed by expert human translators. Whole-text AI translations must be hosted outside the forum.
If it’s been a while since you’ve read the FAQs, this might be a good opportunity to read them with the new addition of Q39.
Adrian (on behalf of the moderators)