Ajahn Brahm’s 70th Birthday

Let me know if I’m mistaken but I don’t think anyone has shared this link yet. The event has already started and continues through to next Saturday.

31 Likes

May he live long! :anjal: :slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

Ajahn Brahm’s latest book, produced to mark his 70th - available to read on-line or download:

Opening Up to Kindfulness - Buddhism: Discovering the Basics

18 Likes

Today is Ajahn Brahm’s 70th birthday.

From the bottom of my heart I wish him very happy and fruitful time while still hanging out a little in conditioned reality, and that his actions and great inspiration bring as much people to dhamma and liberation as possible, because I feel this is what he cares most about right now. :slight_smile: May the sasana thrive! :slight_smile:

I’ve found this short picture biography of Ajahn Brahm, which was made for his 68th birthday, but I couldn’t find such good one for 70th yet, so I’ll share this one. :slight_smile: It is really nice to feel great presence and dhamma service of Ajahn Brahm and feel lots of Metta & Mudita! :yellow_heart: :dharmawheel: :yellow_heart:

[ It is with music so if someone doesn’t want to hear it because of precepts or other reason, one can just put the volume slider down to 0 and watch just the pictures. :slight_smile: ]

With Metta :yellow_heart: :pray:

16 Likes

For anyone who is interested, the birthday celebration will be livestreamed here. The main part starts at around 10 a.m. (Perth time) and goes until 1 p.m. There will be a short talk by Ajahn Brahm, a number of inspiring videos, and a live auction. Please join us if you have the time!

19 Likes

Happy Birthday dear Ajahn Brahm!

You are priceless! I wish you another 70 years on this earth for the joy, peace, wisdom and relief you have brought to so many :bouquet::pray:t4::pray:t4::pray:t4:

But my true wish is for you is… nibbanam paramam sukham

“May you attain Nibbana!” :heart::pray:t4::pray:t4::pray:t4::dizzy:

13 Likes

Ajahn Brahm,
A truly beautiful teacher who helped me feel so warmly welcomed as a new Buddhist.
Thank you with all my heart. :yellow_heart::pray:

9 Likes

I shall join you via YouTube from midday AEST. … and for everyone else 2021-08-07T02:00:00Z2021-08-07T05:00:00Z

EDIT: The live broadcast on YouTube seems to be starting at 2021-08-07T01:00:00Z. :pray:

7 Likes

Thanks for sharing. The schedule on YouTube says there will be a new video at 2021-08-07T02:40:00Z

7 Likes

Happy Birthday Ajahn Brahm!!!

:anjal:

ajb1

6 Likes

The link above still works. The recording is very long … they didn’t run exactly to time, but the program posted at the beginning of the video would give a rough idea of where to find things.

2 Likes

Got quite a joyful kickstart to the morning yesterday when I opened Youtube just in time for all the birthday wishes from around the globe. :smiley: The documentary was also very inspiring and moving, especially the interviews with the bhikkhunis.

When it comes to birthday wishes it´s hard to beat ven. @Sunyo s “happy birthday to Ajahn Brahm, and everybody else who has a birthday this year!” :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Nevertheless, happy birthday with endless gratitude to his Emptiness! May your teachings touch the hearts of even wider audiences. :sun_with_face: :thaibuddha: :dharmawheel:

6 Likes

And here is official video tribute to 70th birthday of Ajahn Brahm! :pray: :innocent:

This is really a beautiful video. It shows how much Ajahn Brahm did for people and for Sangha and sasana. There are really amazing people in this video, such as: Bhikkhu Analayo, Bhikkhu Bodhi, Ajahn Brahmali, John Cianciosi (Formerly Ajahn Jagaro), Bhikkhuni Dhammananda, Ajahn Hasapanna, Venerable Kasuma, Venerable Mettavihari, Dennis Shepard, Bhante Sujato… and of course Ajahn Brahm :smiley: :yellow_heart: :anjal: And many other great people. [I listed them alphabetically to avoid potential hierarchisation :slight_smile: Please forgive me for not listing everyone in the video but it is just for sake of encouraging others to watch it rather than being complete list. :slight_smile: ]

There are also many beautiful shots of Bodhinyana Monastery and other places related to it, like Dhammasara Monastery, Jhana Grove and even new monasteries. I hope you enjoy watching this beautiful and inspiring video. :slight_smile:

With Metta :yellow_heart:

15 Likes

It is hard to believe he is 70 years old.

I got heavily into his stuff back in 2014 when my last parent died, a relationship I was in ended in a very toxic way, and I developed issues with GAD.

I watched a lot of his videos and listened to large number of his records. Often in the middle of the night when I would wake up in the middle of panic attacks and would need to go outside to walk.

I came to feel like I knew him.

Reading that he has passed such a milestone takes me aback a little.

For what it is worth, I think his earliest talks were the best and you can find most of them here

5 Likes