SuttaCentral

Ajahn Brahm's rains retreat talks

dhamma-talk
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fc7af1bbad8>

I heard Venerable Canda say that Ajahn Brahm’s rains retreat talks are especially powerful. Are these available and easily identifiable online (e.g. YouTube, Podbean, BSWA website)?

Generally, Ajahn Brahm has asked that these specific talks are not released to the general public, as they are usually targeted towards the Sangha on their annual retreat. Sometimes the themes and subjects relate to specific contexts and are part of the overall retreat.

There are plenty of other great Ajahn Brahm talks out there though.

There used to be a tab on the old bswa website. It was called deeper dhamma. There were such talks online. I don’t know about now, but yes, I listened to those talks myself.

The previous thread started by @musiko comes to mind about whether such talks should be shared here (the consensus arrived at in that discussion was a no). @musiko has shared many deeper dhamma talks here (just put “deeper dhamma” into the site search engine) plus lots of other audio talks, but the publicly available rather than the more monastic-oriented ones.

Thanks for the linked thread.
Consensus from users is good, but more importantly, if known, it’s good policy to abide by the stated wishes of the speaker/author when it comes to sharing.

Yes, thanks for the linked thread and this clarifying comment.