An Invitation to Share Bhikkhunī Dhamma on International Women's Day

Happy International Women’s Day! I’d like to take the opportunity to invite you to express our appreciation to all bhikkhunī who bravely thread the Theravada Buddhism path :pray:t4::tulip: perhaps by sharing their YouTube channel so we may all enjoy the Dhamma teachings they are so generously sharing with us?

I will start: my deep respect and gratitude :pray:t4::pray:t4::pray:t4::heartpulse: to @vimalanyani Vimalanyani Bhikkhuni - YouTube who gave me my Pali name Mettikā. By the way it doesn’t mean a little bit of metta, as it’d certainly sound to us Brazilians, but the name of a courageous bhikkhunī from the Therīgāthā verses :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

May all bhikkhunī thrive in their monastic paths! :pray:t4: :cherry_blossom: :hibiscus: :rosette:

19 Likes

No one? Anyone? :wink: Of course we all knew and subscribed already to Ven. Vimalanyani’s You Tube channel, right!?

OK here goes another wonderful teacher who recently launched her own YT channel for sharing the Dhamma with us, so you might be unaware: Ayya Brahmavara - YouTube Perhaps check it out, subscribe and share.

Happy International Women’s Day Ayya Brahmavara! :pray:t4: :cherry_blossom:

8 Likes

Probably less well known, but a wonderful talk:

10 Likes

Santi are still working on our YouTube side of things, so I can’t give a shout-out to the wonderful people I live with.
Instead I will bow my head to my dear Dhamma sister(s) Venerable Canda (and venerable Upekkha) at Anukampa in :uk: Anukampa Bhikkhuni Project - YouTube

9 Likes

Dear Venerable :pray:t4: listening to it now - thank you for the gift!

4 Likes

Hello Venerable :pray:t4:

Anukampa Bhhikkhuni Project’s channel is :100: :sparkling_heart:

Please let us know when the Santi YT is up and running - look forward to that! :pray:t4:

:point_right:t4: My replying and editing skills are very much lacking :sweat_smile: (found the emojjis no problem, mind you! :joy:) thank you for your understanding!

6 Likes

Beautiful thread. :slight_smile: :anjal:

This guided meditation and Dhamma talk by Venerable Karunika was very helpful to me:

Also in the past I’ve uploaded on YouTube a few talks by Ayya Khema on Jhanas, with improved audio quality over original:

I remember the Dhamma talks to be very valuable at the time I’ve listened to them. :slight_smile: :pray:

Also thanks for sharing Venerable Vimalanyani and Ayya Brahmavara YouTube channels, I didn’t know about them. Already subscribed and gonna check them out. :slight_smile:

May all Bhikkhunis and women practitioners be happy! :pray: :star2:

7 Likes

Interestingly, it was first Bhikkhuni Dhamma talk I’ve heard in my life, many years ago. :slight_smile: So it has to be a little popular that I’ve stumbled on it! :slight_smile: Gotta listen to it again because I have very lovely reminiscence and nostalgia about it! :melting_face: :pray:

Another wonderful talk by Ayya Medhenandi on fearlessness:

2 Likes

wonderful talks - thank you! :pray:t4: :hibiscus:

1 Like