Annihilation of ”mere cessation” ;)

Hello! :slight_smile: 47 posts since I last checked, need to go through everything and reply and heart certain posts, but too busy now :wink:

Just really quick though:

I take it cessationists refuse to acknowledge that this applies to both ”And how do some get stuck?” & ”And how do some overreach?”

Simple really, Dhamma is being taught for the cessation of existence and some overreach with conclusions of total termination and even rejoicing in the idea, thinking it is ”peaceful, sublime & that is how it is” (descriptions of Nibbāna, mind you) but that is to overreach.

I will return later on and write much more but it is important that the context is ”When Dhamma is taught to them for the cessation of being” so regardless of a self involved or not, to imagine total termination as ”peaceful, sublime & that is how it is” is to overreach, but actual Nibbāna on the otherhand is: ”peaceful, sublime & that is how it is” but more like AN 10.6 & AN 10.7 and plenty of other suttas and not what cessationists imagine. :pray:

I would also like to add the following:

I mean what else but ”When Dhamma is taught to them for the cessation of being” could have even made cessationists have their views in the first place?

Aha! Maybe Dhamma!?? :innocent: