Audio of Sutta Nipata?

Is anyone aware of an audio recording of the Sutta Nipata in English? The only one I can find is this audio of Bhikkhu Bodhi’s transition, but it’s not imho the best of quality. IMHO the Sutta Nipata is a fairly elegant collection that would lend itself nicely to listening.

Thanks!

2 Likes

@Paliaudio.com and @karl_lew - Any plans to add the Snp to your websites? :slight_smile:

Until then, one can listen to Bhikkhu Bodhi teach about the Snp:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Rlf75Sod8qOLVb4LTZh9_KijSncaKRH8

3 Likes

Sutta Nipata by K. R. Norman - translator | Audiobook | Audible.com

4 Likes

Snp root texts and Bhante Sujato’s English translations are available for direct listening or download on Voice.

3 Likes

How to get to them? I searched for “Snp” and got 0 results

3 Likes

Well, Voice doesn’t give you entire books. You have to search for either bits of text (like “take up arms” for example) or Sutta IDs like “Snp1.1” or “Snp4.15”. You can also search for playlists like “Snp1.1, Snp1.2, Snp1.3” etc.

You find more information on Voice search in the description—find all descriptions via the “i” icon in the top right corner of the website (hoping they are halfway up-to-date :see_no_evil:).

2 Likes

Ah! Success!

3 Likes

You can also type in a list of Snp suttas (e.g., “snp1.1,snp1.2”)

3 Likes

The SuttaCentral voice feature is nice, and I use it to help with my Pali pronunciation. However, I’m interested in an actual quality voice recording, not a robot (and just in English).

1 Like

We have no plans to add Snp to Paliaudio at present

1 Like