Awesome SuttaCentral

I’ve started a list of projects that use SC’s resources. Check it out! If I’ve missed anything, let me know.

14 Likes

oh wow so someone actually did NLP projects based on the Suttas

2 Likes

Indeed they did! “Someone” being Ayya Vimala with the Uni of Hamburg.

3 Likes

Well, Pāli Wordle is built on SuttaCentral data. But it’s far from “awesome” so I won’t say you missed it :laughing: :pray:

2 Likes

I beg to differ, it most certainly is awesome and is added!

3 Likes

I think @Paliaudio.com is also using the SuttaCentral data as the basis for their readings

2 Likes

Came here to mention that. Not all of them are, but most are.

Bhante @sujato, I’m humbled that you would put readingfaithfully.org on the list. You don’t mention the strongest connection with SC, namely the ebooks. And if your new publishing project doesn’t include Pali-English texts, then you won’t be putting me completely out of business. :grin:

6 Likes

We use over 75% of Bhikkhu Sujato’s translations for the Digha and Majjhima nikayas. We intend to use all of Bhikkhu Sujato’s translations for the Anguttara and Samyutta nikayas. We also use pretty much all of the descriptions from Suttacentral - very grateful for all the work of the team at Suttacentral.

3 Likes

Dharmaaudiobooks.com have also used Bhikkhu Sujato’s translations for their audiobooks of the Digha and Anguttara nikayas - these can be purchased via audible.

2 Likes

Oh, thanks so much, I’ve added this.

At some point I’ll get around to making the Awesome list more prominent on the SC Home page.

1 Like
  • Pitaka Visualization: beautiful charts of the whole pitaka
    Awesome mindmap created of Pitaka.
    Suggest to have it as add this an index in Suttacentral for easy navigation and access of suttas

Just waiting for it to be finalized.

1 Like

Are you also adding things in non-English languages? Dhammaregen would be one.

1 Like

Yes of course! I’ve added it.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Help creating audiobooks from B Sujato’s translations