Bhante Sujato in the BSWA

Just a heads up that Bhante Sujato (BS) is doing the dhamma-talk and sutta class this weekend and they will be live streamed on the links below.

Dhamma talk: YouTube

Sutta class: YouTube

17 Likes

Finally he’s back!

5 Likes

One is starting in less than an hour?? is that correct?

That’s correct :slight_smile: The other one is just under 2 days time.

1 Like

Great Dhamma discussion!

Great talk thanks Bhante :pray:
I’m inspired!

2 Likes

Yeah, just when I’m in Newbury for 3 months! :cry: Ships in the night and all that…

2 Likes

Ships that pass in the night, and speak each other in passing,
Only a signal shown and a distant voice in the darkness;
So on the ocean of life we pass and speak one another,
Only a look and a voice, then darkness again and a silence.

By Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.

3 Likes

I watched Bhante’s Dhamma talk this morning while drinking coffee. I have to admit it was kind of cool, like seeing Michael Jordan step back on the court after a few years off playing baseball. :slight_smile: It was a great talk, centered on the basics (4NT/N8FP) but brought to life in a way that only Bhante Sujato seems to do. And, he looked in good form, healthy and happy, and none worse the wear for being on a small island and away from a large audience for so long.

I feel like we’re all a bit lucky to have these great monastics in our midst. Bhante Sujato’s journey is really very cool and quite profound, and it was just great to see this talk today. Sorry if I sound like a fan after a Springsteen concert, but this morning, the coffee was good and the Dhamma even better.

Welcome back.

9 Likes

The link doesn’t seem to work. :slightly_frowning_face:

Some strange things happened last night on the BSWA Youtube. The Sutta class link may not work… check the BSWA YT channel for accurate details. I think the class is in about 5hrs…

new link here…
and updated above.

4 Likes

For Bhante Sujato’s March 25th, 2018, the video posted on youtube by BSWA renames him as Ajahn Sujanto at the beginning. It changes part way through ~11.09 to Ajahn Sujato. Is that embeded in video, or an overlay? Pardon my ignorance of video tech.

1 Like

it’s embedded in the video @aconlan spotted it and pointed it out in the live chat and they fixed it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I saw it in rerun. Can’t read the chat that way, ty for telling me what happened.

Interesting class, educational. May all those and all beings be happy. Looking forward to more.