Buddha đŸ± Beings

I once saw a turquoise blue budgerigar
with a flock of sparrows visiting my bird feeder. I have no idea how it survives the winters :scream: or if it migrates south.

6 Likes

The one on the right
is that
 the Rabbit of Caerbannog
?! :anguished:

5 Likes

There is a wonderful documentary film entitled “Winged Migration” (USA) (France “Le Peuple Migrateur”) (also known as “The Travelling Birds” in some UK releases or “The Travelling Birds: An Adventure in Flight” in Australia)

Its on on the migratory patterns of birds, shot over the course of three years on all seven continents. Stunning.

5 Likes

Budgies, like sparrows, feed on seeds and live in flocks . Lucky for that escaped budgie the Sparrows did not reject it but provided companionship and safety in numbers. So that is I think a main reason for it surviving the cold winters. There is an article at Cornell Lab of Ornithology about how birds survive cold temperatures.

3 Likes

Met a new Buddha being today. This is Wyvern, a juvenile diamond python :snake:

16 Likes

It is beautiful. Bhante please tell us more about it - where did you find it, etc. Is it your pet?

1 Like

And here he is a year later, guarding the reliquary of Khruba Khao Pee with his two-tone tortoiseshell companion.

16 Likes

Batman and Robin ! :laughing::laughing:

6 Likes

+7 in a couple years maybe :arrow_down:

I had watched the mom ‘meditating’ patiently most days for over 2 weeks

Unsure if they’re the same ones, but she’s no longer roosting - this is a few hundred meters downstream

9 Likes

Could he be a current incarnation of Goddess Bastet?
:paw_prints:

4 Likes

Perhaps, though from his fondness for walking out in the rain and fearlessness in the face of thunderstorms I think a bakeneko is more likely.

8 Likes

Having verified on the internet, indeed your cat does resemble more a Japanese Bakeneko,

But your cat’s portrait looks more like of Nekomata. According to the Wikipedia, “The distinction between them is often ambiguous, but the largest difference is that the Nekomata has two tails, while the Bakeneko has only one”.

Rare mutant cats are possible, but is a tail one of the 32 marks of a super cat?

:cat2:

2 Likes

Did you know that the Charlotte Buddhist Vihara has an About Us page for their feline residents, Sneak and Cooper :heart_eyes_cat: :joy_cat:

I discovered this today whilst looking for the bio of the resident human @Charlotteannun and smiled in approval at this very acceptable inclusion on a monastery website. Alas the Monastery at the End of the World is still bereft of a feline mascot, let alone mini pig or donkey
 One can hope

You can also donate to help maintain the health and wellbeing of Sneak and Cooper.

12 Likes

VERY important bunny conference.

16 Likes

Maybe a mark in favor for why cats are superior to dogs?

6 Likes

Celebrating World Bee day :honeybee::honeybee::honeybee:

10 Likes

Beautiful!
That also reminded me of verses from Dhammapada Ch. 4, Flowers:

A bee takes the nectar
Yathāpi bhamaro pupphaáč,
and moves on, doing no damage
vaáč‡áč‡agandhamaheáč­hayaáč;
to the flower’s beauty and fragrance;
Paleti rasamādāya,
and that’s how a sage should walk in the village.
evaáč gāme munÄ« care.

And although a little late, here is a link to Bee Day from OZ and Global Waggle Dance. :honeybee:

8 Likes
4 Likes

Yes, they can still enjoy the outdoors on a leash :grin:

8 Likes

This little friend had been living at the vihara but has now taken a holiday to the park down the street. May it be happy! (somewhere else)

16 Likes