Buddhist cartoon fun/ wisdom (aka 'skillful memes')

17 Likes

Thank goodness for anagarikas!

6 Likes

This has probably been posted in the thread, somewhere, but it just came to mind again recently. One of the Yoda quotes from Star Wars that gave me chills when I first heard it:

Image Description: A photo meme of Yoda from Star Wars saying,

The fear of loss is a path to the Dark Side. Death is a natural part of life; rejoice for those around you that transform into the Force. Mourn them do not; miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealousy, the shadow of greed, that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.

You can also find the clip from the movie here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxlWm9TZYvY

10 Likes

:innocent:

17 Likes

Add your clever caption to this photo!

8 Likes

But don’t accept it because you have heard it. Don’t accept anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Don’t accept anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Don’t accept anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Don’t accept traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.”

OK, that is actually a Fake Buddha Quote, but I couldn’t resist.

4 Likes

14 Likes

16 Likes

The next panel could show a pile of “objects” tossed aside. :grin:

6 Likes

There’s actually a secret panel along those lines: Read Mr. Lovenstein :: Maybe Next Time | Tapas Comics :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

(Accepted but not followed)

5 Likes

:man_shrugging:

12 Likes

Comedian discovers asubha by accident :sweat_smile:

source and author: Obvious plant

13 Likes

The NETHERS and All of the Everything Inside. A sloppy mess! Love it :smiley:

2 Likes

Makes me think of an @Erika_ODonnell line (can’t directly quote a locked thread):

Or like, hey, check out all this calcium in my bones :skull:, I did that!

It’s a very humbling thought.

2 Likes

German: “We are adherents of a Zen-buddhist group bought from the local hardware store.”

Also, to get the humor back into this thread:
Puppetji vs. Meditation
Ten years old, not strictly Buddhist, but very true.

3 Likes

6 Likes

15 Likes

A picture of my mind! Thank you. :smiley:

5 Likes

Closely followed by the sequel “Having a cup of coffee to focus better, only to focus better on the wrong thing”

4 Likes