Buddhist cartoon fun/ wisdom (aka 'skillful memes')

Next on Mara’s playbook:
North vs South
City vs Forest
Vegetarian vs non vegetarian (an oldie but still servicable)
Distraction & self views vs discussion of Dhamma

5 Likes

21 Likes

27 Likes

More “the Matrix” than Buddhist humour, but anyway :slight_smile:
LoadingArtist.com

8 Likes

This is deep on so many levels :joy::rofl::joy::joy::rofl:

5 Likes

15 Likes

A philosophical zombie is a thought experiment where you imagine a human being who is identical in every way, including in behavior, except they have no internal experience of consciousness. It’s highly controversial whether such a thing is even conceivable, and has been used by many philosophers, including David Chalmers, to argue against concepts like physicalism (i.e. that physical matter is all that exists and consciousness is merely a part of the physical matter of the brain
Captain Metaphysics and the Philosophical Zombie - Existential Comics

5 Likes

31 Likes

Groucho Marx’ simile on impermanence.

8 Likes

21 Likes

15 Likes

Compassion to all living beings who are looking for, but haven’t found the OFF switch yet.

24 Likes

I’m not really up to date with the whole baby Yoda thing but I’m sure he’s not so mean. :laughing:

4 Likes

I’ve been told that when one of a pair of socks goes missing it’s because they have died, to be reborn as Tupperware lids that don’t match anything.

But I walked in on this one day and understood the real reason socks end up as loners

3 Likes

Jarā pi dukkhā …

23 Likes

But Bhante, will you be able to find it when you have finished robing up and are ready to set out from the monastery?

12 Likes

Credit: Poorly Drawn Lines – Great

Mendicants, there are five things that cannot be had by… anyone in the world. What five?

1. That someone liable to old age should not grow old.
  2. That someone liable to sickness should not get sick.
  3. That someone liable to death should not die.
  4. That someone liable to ending should not end.
  5. That someone liable to perishing should not perish.

(AN5.48)

17 Likes

You are right. This is really about me. :astonished: Thanks for reminding me. :pray:

And, as you point out, how do you find it in the first place? We need a better version! A GPS that helps you locate the other GPS. And another one that helps you locate that one … :thinking: It just occurred to me, maybe this won’t work. :worried: Back to the drawing board … or … or … maybe the suttas? Darkness is dispelled and light appears! :grinning:

15 Likes

Turtles all the way down.
Yes, better to read a sutta.

:pray:

6 Likes

GPS – Guru Positioning System (Sadguru).

4 Likes