Buddhist Women -- Dhamma art-book

I’m encouraged by Ven. @yodha and her beautiful Dhamma art to share some of my own Dhamma art. “Mortal Frames” is an art-book that I made some years ago and revised more recently.

(Bhante @sujato makes a guest appearance in it. It was so sporting of him, he posed for the photo with no idea how I was going to use the image – my direction to him was to “look like a stern forest monk”)

Use the link below the picture to download the book. I hope you enjoy it, and feel uplifted by it.

Mortal Frames.pdf (8.2 MB)

12 Likes

Inspiring- it is truly wonderful how art can cut through all the relentless thoughts and deliver a message powerful enough to give rise to emotions… and who knows, even insight.
:anjal:

with metta,

4 Likes

Could you describe how these were done? Are they a mix of traditional art and digital art (it is difficult to see)? :slight_smile:

While art is usually something that evokes passion, your book is filled with positive (and negative, but still positive) associations and symbolism. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing this here Ayya!
This is such a beautiful and deeply touching work of art! :anjal:

2 Likes

I used a mixture of drawings, ink paintings, photos and digital art – Photoshop and Procreate. At the time, I didn’t know how to use much of Photoshop, so most of the effects come from lots and lots of layers (The files were huge - lol).

I’m glad it resonated with you :blush:

6 Likes